Thread: Norton 2008 updates not downloading

Norton 2008 updates not downloading

Why can Norton 2008 not download and install the update when it runs live update?? It is good enough finding updates, but skip downloading and installing!

Re: Norton 2008 updates not downloading

It Could be that the probationary period has expired and there is a fee to activate it again?

With the scant information you provided, it is practically impossible to give a very different response than what I gave here.

Now I am so not a supporter of Norton and has not used that in several years.

Thank you for your reply.
    The ride is not on trial, it runs on paid. nd there are 163 days left before it must be renewed.

Regarding the issue, we had resolved it. Uninstall Norton and ran the system restore. These things strap a number of of times...without success. But at last it once strapped it, ended by running full system scan while it was running live update, and now it works ok again.

Hey, it was so little. It is good that came to work. Do not know quite what has gone wrong since you had to do all the time, to get it to work again. Personally, I have not used Norton for several years and it is my knowledge of norton slightly rusty / inadequate, but it was the thing I could imagine what could be the cause.

I use even AVG and NOD32. AVG is doing fine, but after they upgraded to version 8, I think it takes a little longer to scan the same amount of data. I know several who think avast is a good alternative too, but has not yet even used it. One thing I like about both AVG and avast is that they are reasonably good, and free for individuals.