Thread: problem with Mozilla Browser?

problem with Mozilla Browser?

Hi,
    I am using Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser, whenever I opened new Tab and open sites which ever wanted, it opens but whenever I try to open the new site with the option "Open in the New Tab window" it gives me an error saying “firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”, and it suggest two buttons “1. Send Error Report” and “2. Don’t send.”
    What may happen with the Mozilla Firefox? Reinstalling the Mozilla can resolve the problem?
    Need help! Thanks.

Yogesh Guest

Re: problem with Mozilla Browser?

Did you install any add-on services in it? If yes, then uninstall the add-on that you installed and then restart firefox and see if the problem persists. Coz such problems in any browsers usually occur when some add-ons are installed.

Open the console and clear all, next time it crashes you may get an idea of what is making it happen.

Now you're down to the bare bones of that profile, you'll still have files in your profile folder that were created by extensions and your prefs.js file will still be full of settings for your extensions so, why don't you create another one? That's the beauty of profiles, when you do get crashes like you are experiencing you can start afresh.

Bon Echo (2.0.0.3) is not a stable build (despite certain websites promoting it as such) and people should expect crashes from time to time. These builds are for anyone but are aimed at the nightly testers. In any Moz documentation they always issue warnings about the instability of these (and the trunk) builds so don't feel too downhearted, it happens to us all.

To create a new profile (if you don't already know):-

Click - Start > Run > (type) firefox.exe -p
    That will open your Profile Manager where you can create a new profile. You have an option there to open the Profile Manager on every start too. Once you've created your new profile(s) you can go back and delete the crap one(s).

I think its the install - the crashing error is synonymous to a bad installation and if that doesn't work then a corrupted profile, but unlikely in the event you have no extensions.

If you uninstall Firefox completely from Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP Control Panel, then go into C:\Program Files and find Mozilla Firefox.
    Delete that folder.
    Then download newly and install.

That should work and stop giving you a build error as such, if the problem was with an install package. If it doesn't its your profile and doing what keithy said will work. In either case, you don't lose any info or settings.