Thread: Ways to filter Google search results?

Ways to filter Google search results?

Very efficient spam blockers have been developed for mail, but what about Google search? Whenever I use Google (that's about 100 times per minute , I come across many totally useless sites, which could be categorized into spam. I know only for a few ways to filter Google search results: AVG anti virus and various tools can mark sites that are really dangerous. And in Customize Google extension for Firefox there is an option to make a list of sites/domains which are then marked gray in search results, so I add there the spam sites which are constantly appearing in my searches. I use it quite rarely though, because the list is not too easy to access, guess this is just a quickly made feature for enthusiasts. On the other side, I like how Stumble upon marks the sites which are voted as nice, so I can look at them first, but those are rare. So, maybe someone knows for more efficient ways to handle Google search results?

Ok so want more efficient ways to handle Google search results, You want to filter your search to limited or certain sites only then try by using Advance Search and Prefrences option in google search engine you will surely satisfied.

I dont know much about it but I do use google search quite often and it cant be compared with any other search engines either. If there is only happened to be a method that you have discuss on creating a list of spam filters, it would be great.

Hi,
    http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/reference.html - This document explains in detail the semantics of the function calls you can make using the Google SOAP Search API service. In this document, you will learn:

* How Google's query syntax works. How to restrict your queries to portions of Google's index, such as a particular language or country.
    * How to interpret the search results information sent back by the Google SOAP Search API service.

You may also find the following files from the Google SOAP Search API developer kit to be helpful:

* GoogleSearch.wsdl - WSDL description for Google SOAP Search API SOAP interface. soap-samples/ - example SOAP messages and responses.
    * javadoc/index.html - javadoc for the example Java libraries.

I agree with James Afflek. Also you should look at the Advanced Search Tips which will help you search in a much better way.

Google minus Google is an Customized Google search engine which excludes search results from the above mentioned Google sites.

This is a great Search engine which can be smartly used to differentiate between Google utilities and other ones. But frankly speaking, we do not need such a Search engine for filtering the Search results, we can do it ourselves by noticing the URL of the search result in Google. We can ignore Google sites there itself.

Anyways, in the age of technology we do not wish to stress our brains identifying the Google sites. So Google minus Google is here.