Thread: Windows Auto Update Currupts Interner Explorer Not Working!

Windows Auto Update Currupts Interner Explorer Not Working!

A few days ago my My auto update program of windows downloaded some updates and t time i switch off the PC it installed updates. From that point of time my internet explorer stopped functioning. why so? that i don't know. Whenevr i type a website name in address bar it displays nothing, then i tried upgrading to higher version and now when i opens it suddenly goes off afetr few seconds. Any ideas what should i do know?

If you are using windows XP then go to add remove programs and uninstall the internet explorer and redownload the Internet Explorer and install it or use some other browsers.

Its time to change to firefox.
    Last edited by shahid khan; 20-10-2008 at 07:27 PM.

I downloaded Google Chrome and Firefox. both are working fine, but i am still scratching my head over Why IE no longer functioning? But thanks for your advice i'll try what you said.

are you sure it was windows updates? some computer parasites are able to mimic updates from microsoft to lure people into downloading more malwares. also keep in mind that some malwares only target IE because it's the most popular browser. i don't know if that's your case, but you can't be sure you're computer is clean until you run antispyware scan.

Quote Originally Posted by InJan View Post
    are you sure it was windows updates? some computer parasites are able to mimic updates from microsoft to lure people into downloading more malwares. also keep in mind that some malwares only target IE because it's the most popular browser. i don't know if that's your case, but you can't be sure you're computer is clean until you run antispyware scan.
    I doubt the same. That IE only is affected by these windows update. Thank you for informing me that such mimic updates of Microsoft are also available. I will be carefull next time downloading updates. I will also scan my PC with antivirus. Hope it comes clean.

Thanks for your input

you're welcome! i hope you'll fix your computer.