Thread: Can I uninstall Internet Explorer

Can I uninstall Internet Explorer

I am fed up with some links that opens in Internet Explorer, and that I need to copy the link above in Mozilla Firefox (which is incidentally extremely grateful for). Is it possible to completely remove Internet Explorer?

I have not been able to find a place where I have the opportunity to remove the program - only to enter standard settings, but I can not remove the markings!

If it is of importance: I am running with Windows Vista Home Premium.

It is just important that you have Vista, in XP, you can remove Internet Explorer, but not in Vista. But you can avoid your problem by making Firefox your default browser.

Yogesh Guest
    That may be the answer because it is not recommended to uninstall Internet Explorer.

Firefox:
    1. Click Tools
    2. Select Settings
    3. Click the Advanced tab
    4. During the Standard setup (bottom), click the Check Now.
    5. Click Yes to make Firefox your default browser.

But yes, it just does not always, you can easily make Firefox the default browser, but some links or programs are just useless.

The worst thing about IE is that it technically is not only a standalone browser, but unfortunately merged into some Windows XP features and processes. One of the eternal criticism when we talk about browsers, monopoly operating system dependency and other things that we do not like about M $.

I can not imagine that you can uninstall IE and can not start IE up afterwards. Have an idea for the "just" remove shortcuts.

But it may be one can make a symbolic link in Vista referring iexplore.exe to firefox.

As Trog said, if you remove IE, you'll get guaranteed problems. IE is part of an operating system and can / should not simply be removed!

It does not help to make Firefox the default browser - there are just some things that do not get it to use Firefox instead of Explorer. In the preferred list, you can specify what each browsers must be preferable to. But you can not remove the markings of Explorer. So the solution is tested.

But thank you for answers - I have to live with that irritate me to the Explorer occasionally.