Thread: Messenger Plus! Sign In Error

Messenger Plus! Sign In Error

This is a problem that I know lots of having, and im having the same problem too. I have tried the registry thing, and also adding the adresses to the hosts file. I can sign in on every email but the one i use. why? can someone please help me

You'll just have to wait unfortunately. It's not something that can be fixed by anything

Have you run the Connection Troubleshooter?

Error 81000314, 81000377 or 81000378: Your contact list is not available. If you receive one of these messages, your contact list is not available or is in read-only mode. Wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in again.

Possible Solution
    \Documents and Settings\<pcusername>\Contacts\<email> and delete "contactcoll.cache" rename "contactcoll.cache.bak" to "contactcoll.cache". Make sure you make another backup .

Solution 1
    Error 81000314... to solve this, try opening your Internet Explorer browser and make sure that File > Work Offline is NOT selected. This will help.

Solution 2
    This problem is usually caused by one of the dll files that Messenger needs not being properly registered. To fix this problem you need to register it correctly.

To resolve it, you can download this file and run it (double-click the downloaded file). It will register all the required .dll files which means Windows can find the file when Messenger needs it.
    If you prefer, you can also type the following command yourself to register the dll file

First open a run window by clicking start, then run. Now, type the following command and press enter:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

Solution 3
    Here is the reply from the official MSN Technical Support about this error, please read carefully:

The following conditions may apply:- The MSN Messenger cache has been corrupted. - The .NET Messenger service is temporarily experiencing difficulties.

Try the following solutions in the order that they are listed:

1. The .NET Messenger service may be experiencing temporary connectivity issues. To verify the status of the .NET Messenger service, visit <http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx>

2. Try to sign in again later.

3. If the issue persists, follow these steps to clear the MSN Messenger cache:
    3a. If MSN Messenger is running, right-click the Messenger icon in the notification area at the far right of the taskbar, and then click "Exit."
    3b. Open a Command Prompt window:

- Click "Start", click "Run", type "cmd" and then click "OK."

3c. At the command prompt, type "CD\", and then press ENTER.
    3d. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

CD %appdata%\microsoft

3e. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

CD "MSN MESSENGER"

3f. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

DEL /s ListCache.dat

* Note: This command deletes all the ListCache.dat files in all subfolders. You may see a list of the files that are being deleted.

3g. At the command prompt, type "exit", and then press ENTER.
    3h. Restart MSN Messenger.

4. If the issue persists, send us a connect log file.
    a. If you are not already using MSN Messenger 7.0 or 7.5, install the latest version:i. Start Internet Explorer, and then visit <http://messenger.msn.com/download>.ii. Under "Registered MSN User," click "Go." The program is automatically downloaded. iii. Follow the instructions in the MSN Messenger Setup wizard to complete the installation. iv. Click "Finish."

b. To generate connectivity logs for MSN Messenger, follow these steps: i. Right-click the Messenger icon in the notification area at the far right of the taskbar, and then click "Exit." ii. Delete the already existing connectivity log file. a. Start MSN Messenger, but do not sign in. b. On the MSN Messenger "File" menu, click "Open Received Files." c. In the My Received Files folder, locate and select the MsnMsgr.txt file, and then press DELETE.iii. Start MSN Messenger, but do not sign in. iv. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options." v. In the "Options" dialog box, click "Connection." vi. Click "Advanced Settings," and then make sure that the "Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems" check box is selected in the "Connection Logging" section. vii. Close the "Options" dialog box. viii. To sign in to MSN Messenger again, click "Sign In." The new connectivity log file (MSNMsgr.txt) is automatically generated in the My Received Files folder that is described in step 4.b.ii.c.d. To send the MsnMsgr.txt log file to Messenger support, send a reply back to the support incident response, and attach the log file to the e-mail.

Source: msghelp.net