Thread: what is torrent?

what is torrent?

Hi,
    Want to know what is torrent?
    I know it is used to download movies but how?

Torrent is a small file (around few kilobytes) with the suffix .torrent, which contains all the information needed to download a file the torrent was made for. That means it contains file names, their sizes, where to download from and so on. You can get torrents for almost anything on lots of web sites.
    Source: what is torrent
    Also look here
    http://www.bittorrent.org/introduction.html
    Hope this helps!

Torrents are better in terms of the way the transfer takes place . It is because of this that it got the popularity it enjoys today . Read it up somewhere .
    You might try this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.torrent

Also in case of torrents , leachers (the people who download files but don't share it for uploading) are discouraged . If you set your torrent client to share at a very low bandwidth , your download speed might be affected ( it depends on many factors like which server is managing the torrent , what is the type of connection you are using and also the effective download speed that you get for a particular torrent ) . This is the reason why people choose to share rather than download it themselves and but not share .

Also the number of files available through torrents is much more than any single p2p sharing network . This is because if you are using limewire , you cant access files from most of the other p2p sharing networks . So practically you can get almost anything through torrents ( movies , tv shows , music , software and adult content)

But to be honest most of the files available on torrents are illegal ( pirated ) . So it is up to the user to make decisions about which file to download .

Although I would have to disagree with some of the users on one point . Amongst torrents there are many harmful programs like viruses and spyware . But of course the chances of getting viruses through torrents , I think , are relatively less than limewire .

Hope this helps .

sagarika Guest
    Torrent Reactor is the oldest and most reliable resource for torrents.

tom2009 Guest

hi

I must have no idea about this topic...

Tom

robertevans Guest
    Torrent give you a sharable mode to download movies, songs and software. There are seeders and peers in the torrent. After downloading who share his files i.e. upload called seeders and peers are downloaders.