Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-09-2008

More Internet...

Hello.

Following a crash of my pc because of its processor that heats I too found myself with the BIOS setup factory. I put it back correctly and nothing serious happened.

Yesterday my pc again overheated and once again I was forced to reboot and after that it said "limited or no connectivity" regardless of XP or Vista.

- I reset my 2 network cards
- Unplug / plug the modem after 10 minutes
- I changed the cable network port (I have two on my motherboard)
- I went to the bios in the detection of faulty cable. It told me that mine is. I tried another to check the connectivity remained or not.
- Obviously I reboot several times, my pc has remained on for whole night and the problem is still there.
- I changed my cable port on the router.
- I rechecked that I had good IP.

What to do? My new heatpipe will arrive either today or tomorrow to avoid crashes and bios network but until I get Internet.

Thank you!
Old 26-09-2008

When you taped: ipconfig / all in a command prompt window, what result you got?
The IP address assigned is fixed or DHCP?
The FAI is which?
You can ping your router?

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet