Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Firefox crashes

Technology & Internet

Old 13-09-2008

Firefox crashes

I am using Firefox under Windows XP. My Firefox crashes whenever I go to a site. I don't know why is this happening again and again to me. Can somebody help me?

Old 13-09-2008

Run your anti virus first to make sure you have no virus, then if it still happens re-install it, Its free!

Last edited by rammy : 13-09-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 13-09-2008

Possible causes of such crashes could be
  1. Not using the latest version of Firefox. A number of fixes are solved in the latest release of Firefox. So get the latest release of Firefox.
  2. Corrupted or out of date plugins. Firefox does not provide ActiveX support and if you have an old ActiveX plugin installed, you may experience problems such as crashes. On Windows, the VLC Media Player Plugin may conflict with the Windows Media Player plugin when playing WMP files. You will need to disable or remove the VLC Media Player Plugin to prevent this.
  3. Viruses or spyware or maybe other malicious software running on your system. Scan your computer with a good and updated antivirus software.
Old 13-09-2008

Crash when downloading

You can solve this problem by clearing private data from the Clear Private Data tool, located on the Tools menu.

Crash when starting Firefox

Older versions of the Google Desktop application can cause Firefox 3 to crash at startup. Uninstall Google Desktop and then download and install the latest version.

Crash when closing Firefox

The Google Web Accelerator application causes Firefox to crash on closing. You can uninstall Google Web Accelerator from the Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs list.

Hardware problems

Hardware problems such as RAM problem can cause Firefox to crash.
Old 13-09-2008

Does it crashes on all the browsers or only Firefox because I assume it could be the site that is having the bug.
Old 17-11-2008

Re: Firefox crashes

Firefox has had some crash problems for many of us since March, 2008.

The latest version 3.04 is much more stable -- at least on my winxp sp2 system.

I had had daily crashes with the previous version of FF, so many in fact, that I thought it was Winxp itself causing the crashes.

I tried disabling addons and working through the system logs, but nothing helped.

Then one night, I shut down FF rather than letting it run overnight. Result -- no need to reboot in the morning.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,