Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-08-2008

SKYPE microphone setup

The microphone that i use normally for my computer is not detected in my Skype program. The microphone which is in built in a headphone works properly for other functions. I have also tested this headphone with sound playback option in Sounds and Audio Devices in control panel and the microphone works fine. That means there is no hardware issue. But skype doesn't detect it in any way when i make a test call. Skype says,
Quote:
"In the Sound Recording, click the Volume button and check the following (in Recording Control window):
Microphone has to be checked in."
But then windows doesn't let me check the box for microphone.
Further directions in skype says that,
Quote:
"All other options have to be checked off."
So i tried to uncheck the Stereo Mix option in my Recording Control window. But windows does not allow this too!

I have tried everything that i could, but all in vain. Anybody can provide the solution?
Old 26-08-2008

Once you?ve got your headset or Skype phone set up, you can check that it?s working by typing echo123 in the Skype Name/Phone number box (the white box near the bottom of the Skype window), then clicking the green ?call? button.

If you hear nothing through your headset or phone, it is probably not configured correctly - try clicking here for more assistance.

If all is well, you should hear a recorded message giving you some instructions. The recorded message will ask you to speak into the microphone for ten seconds. Your voice is then played back to you. If your voice is not played back, try clicking here for more assistance. If you hear your voice recording correctly, you are finished setting up Skype.
Old 26-08-2008

Have you gone through the microphone st up guide from the skype itself? Visit Set up Microphone guide from skype community.

You have mentioned that you have followed the procedure from skype but i wonder if you ever gone through this page! If not, this guide will help you for sure.
Old 26-08-2008

Speakers and microphone should be set to Windows default device in Skype audio settings. Or you should set it as the device you want. Go to Skype's Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings and set it as mentioned above.
Old 26-08-2008

Also try reinstalling the sound card drivers again. There might be some conflicts with Skype and the defects in the drivers.
Old 26-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson22 View Post
Speakers and microphone should be set to Windows default device in Skype audio settings. Or you should set it as the device you want. Go to Skype's Tools -> Options -> Audio Settings and set it as mentioned above.
I did as you said. I set the microphone and headset as Windows default device. But the microphone is still not working.
Old 26-08-2008

I had such problem earlier with skype only. My microphone was not working only with skype. I did the audio settings in skype and made my audio as windows default. But nothing worked!

Then i just went for rechecking the plug connections on my computer and realized that the mic plug was not completely inserted into the socket. I corrected that and then skype could detect the mic.

I just thought i would share my experience for the similar problem that i faced. Might help you
Old 26-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson2 View Post
Also try reinstalling the sound card drivers again. There might be some conflicts with Skype and the defects in the drivers.
You were actually right Jackson. I checked for the audio drivers on net and found one at the gateway's website. Downloaded and installed it. Then followed Skype's audio setup instructions and yeah....everything working fine now and the problem is solved.

Thanks to all who helped me

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: