Thread: Unable to open google or msn live search

Unable to open google or msn live search

I am running Windows XP Pro on my system. Yesterday everything was working properly but today I open the Firefox web browser and tried to open google but to my astonishment I am unable to open it. Weird part is that I can visit other sites such YouTube, Hotmail, etc. I tried flushing the dns but no use. I also tested msn live search but that to didn't worked. What should I do know?

It could be some kind of malware such as spyware, adware, etc. Scanning your computer with a good anti-malware or antivirus software may solve your problem.

What happens when you open the google or msn live search? Do you get any error message? Are you using any firewall. If yes then disable it. Can you open your system in safe mode with networking?

Go to run and type msconfig and click OK. Now go to Services tab, check "Hide All Microsoft Services" and click "Disable All". Go to Startup tab and click "Disable All". Click Apply and then on OK. Now restart your computer. Now all your 3rd party services has been disabled. This will solve your problem.