Thread: Need help accessing Website

Need help accessing Website

I am designing a website just as a project for test in my college. The hosting is done by my colleague and its ready. Besides, all the other set up is also ready like domain name etc. But I am jumbled how to access it do design it by putting photos, information, clips, links, etc. Will i need to get the password from my colleague who is hosting it?

Password will be needed from the host. Username might also need. For putting contents, if you have information of the FTP server of your host, then you can upload the files to your website through FTP client. Or a file manager provided by the host can also be used to fill contents through internet.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I also wanted to ask that whether I have to use notepad for making text in HTML. Please dont mind if this question sounds like a dumb. But I used to use notepad earlier for creating HTML text pages just as fun.

I got the password as well as username from the hosting guy. I am able to access the website. However, while uploading an image to the website through file manager, which i wanted as the backgroung for this website, its not getting loaded. I see 2 options in file manager, 'www and cgi-bin'. Which one to use and how to add pages?

Dont use the cgi-bin file. I upload html and image files on a yourpage_html directory that my host have provided. You can make sub directories if you want to keep images and html files at separate locations. Once uploaded, the images will be available on your website at www. (your website name)/image.xxx. But if you want the images to be as background pics on your website, you should copy that image code to the html file where you want it.