Thread: Advice on developing a fast performing android app

Advice on developing a fast performing android app

I had started a new project work of learning android development. I want a bit help here to understand the way I can make a app working really fast. I had developed a few demo apps that are based on a website. But they take a long time to display pages. It looks there is some problem in the app code itself. I had shown that to a experience developer who says I a had not properly optimized it. What does that means. Is there a tool that can show me what optimization I need.

Re: Advice on developing a fast performing android app

One of the biggest issue when you develop app is creating many unnecessary objects. You have to understand this first. Create only things which are needed. You can go on developer.android.com to get a more specific advice on the same. There is no need to create things which are user is not going to use. You are at the initial stage of development and you have to make a few apps to completely understand how it really works.

Re: Advice on developing a fast performing android app

There are few more things you must take into consideration when you are developing application. Like the screen resolution. This will help your app to perform better on different devices. You must design some specific layout only. Try to use a simple folder structure in your apps. This will be easy for troubleshooting. You can checkout the code of any other open source app on the web that perform really wells. See how it is developed and follow the procedure.