Thread: How to lock all download files on Wordpress

How to lock all download files on Wordpress

How to lock the download files on Wordpress. I am having a ebook site. Most of the files that people download are in pdf format. I want to add password to that. I had seen many people are copying my link and they are pasting on their site. Some of them are just uploading it. If the file is locked then the user who is downloading will have to contact me for the password. I had tried doing this through winrar. But I need a more effective way. So that no one can access my links.

Re: How to lock all download files on Wordpress

Wordpress is the best cms in the market and surely you have tons of plugins for that. If you are not happy with one you can try using another one. There is one plugin that you can try. I had used this. It is called as Simple Download Monitor. Just add this plugin and lock your download files. You can add a Password Protection. Do not forget to mention about getting password below the download link. Or else users will be confused.

There is one more thing you can do. There is a plugin through which you can lock the download link. No need to lock the entire file. I am not really sure about the name, but I had seen this plugin bused by many site. When you click on the donwload button it ask you a password. In this way it is hard for people to share only the download link. They have to share the entire page.

I am using WordPress Download Manager. It is more than a password locker. This tool can help you to manage your download files. To upload files you just have to drag them in the same. You can add the download code in your post which has a password. It works really well and it is very effective. Through this you can also manage your download. You can track and control the file as per your need. I will recommend you to test this plugin.

I am also using the same thing. Before that I was using a basic file upgrade which gives me direct download link. But after adding WordPress Download Manager things are more sorted. I like the features of this plugin. The best part of using this is that you can simply see the download stats. It is integrated in the plugin itself. I do not think there is any other plugin which has this option. It has seo optimization features also.

If you sell your download then you can try using Easy Digital Downloads. This plugin is very impressive and it gives you a nice way to download files. You can configure different payment gateways on the same. You can use here Paypal. It is good for those who sells ebook or you do business through selling downloads files. You just have to configure this in WordPress and done. You can receive payments.

I am using WP-Filebase Download Manager. The reason to use this is that it is very fast. You just have to add the plugin and done. With simple steps you can manage files through it. It will help you to sort files quiet easily. You can also restrict download based on different user roles. You can instantly build a photo gallery through it and embed flash. It is good for those who do not need a payment gateway.

Instead adding a password directly on the entire download files you can do one more thing. You can simply lock the links. Anyhow you are going to post the link in your post. You can lock that. You can try using Content Lock for that. There are many other similar plugins also available which are worth to test. They are also effective and give you appropriate output. Just go on the plugin page and search for link lock.