Thread: Will Turbo C++ 3.0 work on Windows 8

Will Turbo C++ 3.0 work on Windows 8

I am using Turbo C++ 3.0 on my old laptop that has Windows XP. Now I am getting a new one from my office. It offers Windows 8 with latest hardware config. But I am not sure whether Turbo C++ will work on Windows 8 or not. I had seen some people complaining about it on Windows Vista. Can knows about it. Is there a similar tool available that can offer more better output.

Re: Will Turbo C++ 3.0 work on Windows 8

I think it will work. Just try to test it. That will be better. If you can arrange a Windows 7 system then you can try testing it on that. If it works then it will simply work on Windows 8 also.

Turbo C++ is really great tool. I love the simple graphics and console functions. I am using this on Windows 7 and it works fine. There is no issue at all. But I am not really sure about Windows 8. Usually I had seen whatever tools that work on Windows 7 will work on Windows 8. So on that assumption I am just advising you to test out. The latest edition is more reliable and has more features. As per some download website Turbo C++ will work on Windows 8. There are ample of bug fixes that makes the tool to perform more better. It is also necessary that you keep a second option ready with you. There are ample of third party compilers available that can help you to get the same output as you will get on Turbo C++. The one which I know is quiet popular is Digital Mars C++. It is can be a good alternative. I had tested this long before when I was facing a bit issue with Turbo C++. Try testing this out. I can list you some more here. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express edition is another great option that offers you more advance options over other. And the new edition is also available with more better approach.

Turbo C++ is compatible with Windows 8. You do not need to worry about the same. You can download it and test out. It works fine with all features. There is no bugs issue here. You can find that information on Google.

It is compatible, but I think there will be a separate version available for Windows 8. I tried to find but I cannot locate it. If any existing version which you had downloaded fails to work then you can go with a specific one which is available for Windows 8. The tool has better error handling compare to others. It is really effective. Also the compiler in 3.0 is much more improved. Now there is a 64bit edition also available. So it is necessary that you checkout in your system whether it is a 32bit or 64bit OS. On that basis run the setup. Or else there can be problem with the installation. I usually trust on Microsoft Visual Studio Express C++ which is more enhanced and really cool tool offering you great output in terms of application program. Ample of ready to use option makes your job quiet easier here.

Even if you have a older version of Turbo C++, you can use DosBox to run it on any version of windows.