Thread: Is osCommerce a suitable solution for e-Commerce

Is osCommerce a suitable solution for e-Commerce

I am looking for a reasonable e-Commerce solution. I found osCommerce as an reasonable solution here. But many says that Prestashop or Magneto is good. But is is paid. I am looking for some reasonable output here. I am confused here to locate some kind of option that can help me to choose the right e-Commerce solution. I was just willing to go for oScommerce because it is free and I am having a developer at my place who can sit on full time and make it better.

Re: Is osCommerce a suitable solution for e-Commerce

I will recommend you to go for Oscommerce. It is an great online shop that offers you an complete pack of everything that you are looking for. You can use i ton single web server. If you need to test the same and then you can do one more thing. You can install that on local host and test out the performance. I am sure that will be enough here. It works really fine and very light weight eCommerce solution available for the same. It also has multi-lingual support.

It is a good free tool but compare to that Mageno and Pretashop are more functional. In oScommerce you can take benefit from php and make a simple eCommerce website intantly. The installation is simple and it is easy to configure also. Compare to that if you need a more Magento is much more rich in functionality. It is great with ample of new features but somehow it is complex for implementation. You must also test some other framework in the market which are also free.

The only benefit of using OsCommerce is that it has a very large community of users and there are hundred of plugins available. It is has ample of free upgrades. One of the most important thing which matters in buying a product is the payment gateway. It must be instant and it must give the user benefit of keeping track of their products. Sometime the user want to cancel the order or sometime want ot verify the delivery status. This all stuff must be added in that.