Thread: Easy to use E-Commerce Module Drupal

Easy to use E-Commerce Module Drupal

I need some help to find a good and easy to use E commerce module for Drupal. I had just installed a dummy site on my hard drive. When I searched for plugins I found Ubercart. But that is quiet heavy I think. There are many additional plugins inside it which makes job more complicated. Like I do not need a Tax or Bill Reporting system. The client just want to display its products in thumbnail format with price and description. And also a Shopping Cart. For the Payment Gateway I am going to use PayPal only. So is there any light weight module available which is easy to manage.

Re: Easy to use E-Commerce Module Drupal

Ubercart offers you advance options in E commerce. It is recommended for those website that needs a full E commerce solution with Payment tracking, Product Tracking, Taxes, Currency, Shipping, etc and many more stuff. If your are going to start your own E commerce business on web then stick with Ubercart. It will take some time for you to understand how it actually works. Second thing, there are many techniques by which you can make your Drupal website fast. The performance can be improved. You have to consult a expert for that. It is a core module on which you have to frame your site and if that is not done properly you can face a poor website.

There is a basic module available. Called as Drupal Commerce. It is a nice options that allows you integrated feature with additional development standards. You can find that on the official website. I am using Wordpress here. Wordpress is best for simple websites. It is very straight forward and smart. Compare to that Drupal is for bigger sites. If you want to establish a small network the you can find ample of help for Wordpress and the development cost on that is affordable. While Drupal requires more skills on development point.

I am using Drupal Commerce. I will not say it is great but it is cool. The core component offers you all kinds of options for creating your shopping site. You can create different products and apply custom attributes to them. You can also enhance the product display. Other thing it supports is Order Management, TAx Calculation, Payment Method API, Discount Pricing and other stuff. You have to work on this for sometime to understand it completely. Ubercart runs on different plugin support. That makes the website a bit slower if not optimized properly.

Drupal has thousands for Ecommerce solution. But I always recommend my clients to buy a package instead of going for development. Because in a ready to use framework you can contact the developer for help. While when you develop stuff from scratch and some problem appears you have to pay higher. There are ample of paid templates and ready to use Ecommerce module available for Drupal. You just have to embeds that on your website. That is quiet easy I think.