Thread: App for pairing windows phone Bluetooth with other mobile phones

App for pairing windows phone Bluetooth with other mobile phones

I have Nokia Lumia 510. It was too late when I came to know that its Bluetooth functionality works with just other windows phones. I was trying to pair it with my friend’s android phones and was getting a pop up saying “Bluetooth format not compatible”. I though, there was something wrong with the phone. However, I came to know now that my phone can only be paired with other windows phones only.
    Some I am starting this topic to know if there is any App for pairing windows phone Bluetooth with other mobile phones at least android phones.

Re: App for pairing windows phone Bluetooth with other mobile phones

No there’s none.
    I have tried digging my best but I don’t see any app which allows pairing windows phone Bluetooth with other mobile phones. There are possibilities that windows phone users might get an update which will add Bluetooth format support of other mobiles as well later. For now I don’t see any hope of light.

I have been looking after the same thing since when but no luck. I agree with shivinder, we just need an update to get that functionality. I have Lumia 710, it recognizes other phones Bluetooth but it doesn’t pair with them and says “Bluetooth format not supported”. I think every windows phone user need an app or an update to get Bluetooth functionality working with other phones.
    In my case I knew that Lumia 710 doesn’t support Bluetooth format of other phones but I got it for its battery life. It last longs compared to android phones.

For now windows phones doesn’t have Bluetooth profile for device to device but they have Audio and headset profiles support available. For now one can use wifi hotspot for sharing internet data over wifi with other wifi capable devices. There is no other mode of sharing data wirelessly.
    There are many people who have bought Lumia phones and have faced such issues. There are many such topics all over the web as well. You should always go through pros and cons before getting any hardware devices. You just need to do a little bit of research, that’s it.

I will suggest you to try out “Acronis True Image 2013”. It’s compatible with windows 8. I have used it on windows 7 and it works great. It’s one of the best imaging software I have come across.