Thread: C programming tutorial videos

C programming tutorial videos

I want to learn C programming, I don’t have much idea about the same but I have made up my mind to learn it. I have borrowed some books form my friend and I am finding things a bit complicated. I want to know if there are some good C programming tutorial videos than I can refer. I have checked out for it and have come across many sites having it. However, I just want to narrow down the list and refer a few of them. So is there anyone who can point me the best sites????

Re: C programming tutorial videos

Yes there are many site having C programming tutorial videos, anyways I will suggest you to refer softwaretrainingtutorials. I have been referring the same sites for other programming language tutorial and I think that come up with quite simple explanation for beginners. Just Google out “C Programming for Beginners Tutorial” and download the tutorial videos from softwaretrainingtutorials site. If you want than you can buy CD contents form them as well?

Check out cplusplustutor, they have 47 tutorial videos starting from installation to arrays. I think referring their site will be a better idea as they have split up things in too many section and you can easily understand each sections one by one. If you want to download videos and watch them later then I will suggest you to better buy a CD for the same.

I have checked out the price of the CD’s and they are very costly. I can’t spend that much and that’s the reason I have decided to download them on my system and refer them whenever I need. I have gone through the sites you have mentioned and it seems as if they are not providing a download for the same.

They have embedded those videos on the site but you can still download them. You can download them via keepvid site. In case you get an error message saying “The website you are trying to download from ....is not supported by KeepVid.” And if you are using firefox than you can download helper tool for firefox, it will help you out in downloading those videos. There are many other tools and plugins for downloading embedded videos form a web page but I prefer download helper tool for firefox.

Since you are just starting to learn C programming, you should first learn basic things from the books itself. Which book you have bought?? As far as I am aware below books are best for C programming beginners.
    "Beginning C Programming" by Horton
    Absolute Beginner's Guide to C, Second Edition by Greg Perry.
    Once you get the basic idea of C programming you can refer videos for the topics you get stuck on. You can also raise you queries in this forum for help as well.