Thread: Urgent Need help with uploading PPT on a Portal !

Exclamation Urgent Need help with uploading PPT on a Portal !

Actully am devloping a System on a PowerPoint Slide and this Prestnation has a huge related files i conneted them into my presnation throu hayper links Plus it working on macro since am devloping some new functions from the VB.

Now the issue is that i am going to uplode this presntion to the portal. but the problem is that it keeps on editable mode. the problems that i am facing are as the following :

1-how to make it uneditable.?
    2-how to make it works only as slide show on the portal . so i cann prevent anyone to edit the presentation.?

Re: Urgent Need help with uploading PPT on a Portal !

Can you tell us whether you are using any Filesystem store or the DB? Also, can you let us know about the filesize of the powerpoint that you are trying to upload on the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Can you tell us whether you are using any Filesystem store or the DB? Also, can you let us know about the filesize of the powerpoint that you are trying to upload on the portal?
    Actuly am not using a Db . on the System I am using Files. The Size of ppt is about 1 Mega byte ..
    I appreiatce your responed and plesae if anyone has an idea kindly provide me ..

Thank you.

Can you look at "slide_version_content" table and "content" column. If you are using mysql and it's "BLOB" type it will store data up to 64K only.
    Try altering column type with:

ALTER TABLE slide_version_content CHANGE content content longblob

James

As I mentioned before that am not using data base. on that system.

the system is about a macro PowerPoint slide and its represented as presentation.
    that has a hyper links on it . with some modified functions.
    the big issue that am facing is that I can play it on my desktop as a slide show . but when i upload it on the portal it don’t work as a slide show which make the user can edit on the content and it don’t satisfy me to presented as a system.

The only thing I need is that if there is a way that let me apply it as slide show on the portal. As we know that when a PPT works as Macro Slide show that would prevent the end-user to edit on the PPT plus . it would be on read only mode .. I appreciate your respond , looking forward for solution .

Thank you

Have you tried out the website Slideshare which is a famous presentation sharing website. With it, you get the options to upload your presentations in PPT, PPS or POT formats to SlideShare and they're converted into shared media.

No, I didn’t. Because I think this kind of website will share my presentation on a general website. by my presentation will be posted on my company’s portal. that’s why am looking for an opportunity to publish it on a portal not on a website..

Anyways I appreciate your responds. and am looking forward for any help.

This issue is giving me a big headache please guys anyone can help let me know.