Thread: Parameter Error with VB Express 2010

Parameter Error with VB Express 2010

I am have made a software for my college project in VB Express 2010 and I am trying to connect a Windows form with database that I have created in MS Access 2010. The connectivity has been successful so far, but it is not working properly right now. Every time I try to enter a new record, I get an error. I have posted the screenshot of the error I am getting. Can anyone tell me why I am getting it?

Re: Parameter Error with VB Express 2010

I think that the database which you have designed is connected to more than one form. The fields in the database are designed to accommodate data fields of all the forms connected to it. This type of problem occurs when you don’t enter the values for other fields of database. For example, you form has six fields to fill. But the database is designed to accommodate data from three other forms too. So for this purpose you have made database with 12 fields. So when you enter value for six fields from here, it detects no data for other six fields in database triggering this error.

Re: Parameter Error with VB Express 2010

After reading the reply of Rashid, I’d suggest you to make different databases for every form. You can program the databases to share common fields such that when it is updated in one form, it will be updated for every other form. I know this will seem a lengthy process, but there is no other alternative to it.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.