Thread: How to create an unique website design

How to create an unique website design

I want some help to work on unique designs. I am not good in programming but well I know titbits about HTML and CSS. Also I had worked on some CMS packages like Wordpress. The templates that I download comes with fixed design. Modification mess the theme. I need some advice how can I begin creating my own unique designs with different kinds of layout and colors. Thanks.

Re: How to create an unique website design

First of all for creating website you must have a good knowledge in web development languages. There is no worth on relying ready packages which CMS offers you. If you are well verse in php or html or java, you can get whatever you want. Also you should know to play with images and color.

That's right. I am a php programmer. I create a site with php and html. My friend is good in Photoshop. He provides me all material related to color, images, etc to make the best and unique design. Either you should be a creative person or you should hire someone who can does that job. A programmer only plays on the functionality part. He does not know anything about the design. First take a paper and create your site layout.

Check some website if you want. Create the wireframe, so that the next job is just placing the images and modifying style sheet. You must get the nav tab, header section or body with footer properly fitted to get enough room on the web page. Somehow you need to be enough creative to get a unique design. And creativity needs inspiration. You can see number of samples on web. Flash is considered as one of the best way to create unique design. But it is complicated to conifgure. You have to learn entirely a new language to configure the same. Images is other important thing which gives a unique look to your. Try not to steal any other idea, but make something which gives fresh look.

The best thing you can do is buy a template. There are ample of websits which offer you unique templates at a reasonable rate. You can purchase any of them and try working on it. If you can get an html, then it would be much easier.

I just purchased one from template monster. They charged me $100. The template is completely in html format for static website. It has a slider and different content pages. If you are going to buy a template then your usage will be limited. The most important part to create a unique template is creating a different layout. The layout is kind of your website functionality. If you can create a unique layout then your job becomes much easier. The most traditional design is header section, body and footer section. Above you can add any tab and done. Think a bit different. There are tons of samples on the web that you can go for.

Another most important thing. If you want a unique design do not use a CMS. This will limit your work. A CMS has its own features and customization is limited. You cannot change the format and modify the website completely. It will make your site slower if you load additional modules. Somehow I would recommend to learn and then to make a site from scratch. This will help you a lot. Also templates just give you a basic wireframe. You can use them to customize your site and make the same a bit more interactive.

First you crate you decide,which type of design that you want to for your website,than you must be crate website use mokeup software,than use website crater software and also crate good logo for your website.

Many web designers try to create a site template based on some other inspiration. They have a look on others design and modify the same to create their own. This is not recommended. Think something of your own.

If you can pay or spend a good amount then the best thing you can do is hire a developer. Guide him about the process and he will create the same design that you want. It will make your job easier and your website will be maintained. For novice going for advance design is not at all recommended. I work for a company which gives small projects. This are mostly html and flash. I get all images and content packed, I have to just fix them inside a website and make it ready. I found that easy.

But on the same hand if you plan to go for a higher version it is a bit complicated. There are reasonable developers that you can find on web. They will guide you for the configuration and your job will be easier. It is not all complicated to find the same. Unique design does not means you create something so confusing that no one can handle the same. It should be design but creative. You can play with colors and images. Check on toddlers website, you will find quiet simple but unique ideas. Start with making a layout and then collecting the images. Do not overload with animations and videos or else your site will take ages to load.

I am a bit shock to know that CMS doesn't really help much in creating unique design. I am trying to do the same on joomla and that did not worked much. I hope there is some better CMS available that can guide us for the same.

Learn photoshop if you do not know. This tool is best for what you want to do. It will help you to create a unique design in your own way. Photoshop offers rich feature that you can simply use to create images, icons, and templates. It is quiet necessary in my views. Whenever you buy a template you get the set of psd files so that you can fix them properly or code them to make the site far more better.

It is not complicated at all. Another important thing to configure is playing with the sql database if your website is dynamic. This needs a better coding knowledge.

madelinekim Guest

Creating unique web site design is not much difficult. I recommend you to focus on , Easy navigation, proper color combination, professional website,images and graphics, unique content and the stay focused.