Thread: CodeFluent Entities

question CodeFluent Entities

Hello everybody,

I need to develop a software with .NET but I have a very short deadline so I must be real fast.
    I'm going to have a quite large number of entities, so I'd like to use an ORM or something alike.

I don't know if I'm gonna use Entity Framework (Microsoft's official ORM) or NHibernate....

I also thought of using a soft named MyGeneration (saw a review on Techarena), anyone ever tried it ? Problem is I must learn it AND learn to use the ORM.

Also found this : CodeFluent Entities. Anyone knows that ? Looks like it goes further than Entity Framework and NHibernate and it's able to generate the web-services I will need to make my mobile apps.

Looks interesting but less known than Nhibernate and Entity Framework.. Anybody knows if I can have out-of-the-box services with those ORMs ? If not I think I'll go for this CodeFluent Entities soft...

Regards,

Re: CodeFluent Entities

CodeFluent Entities is a model-driven code generator that integrates with Visual Studio. It provides a structured methodology and tools to develop .net based applications on any type of architecture, from a modeling and changing business rules. CodeFluent Entities is based on a logic of "producers" configurable. From a single model, it can continuously generate target components ready for use, in accordance with the state of the art and is easy to maintain. Either ways if you want to go with any other, then you will need to learn the basics first.

Have ever used it by any chance ?

I think I'm going to try it.

Regards,
    Trend-bgi
    Software Developer

I've been testing CodeFluent Entities a while and it really has surprised me, I thought at one point it would be an more ORM, but then I discovered the business object modeler, followed by the generation of RESTful services, the simplicity of the model linking business with user interfaces of ASP.NET Web Forms, WPF and Windows Forms (working on the connectors to ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight). As a general summary this tool works with a lot of concepts design that are independent of any platform and spoken in the literature on Software Engineering: Entities, properties, rules, repositories, etc. It also integrates with Visual Studio with a set of visual tools that allow us to generate our model from scratch, import from other existing models (databases, UML diagrams, or Entity Framework models).