Thread: Why does a number of software development does not meet the deadline

Why does a number of software development does not meet the deadline

I had checked that ample of project involved in software development never meets deadline. Is there a particular reason behind that. I am looking for some powerful solution through which a project can be carried within deadline and should be proper. I had gone through a number documentation which showed many things to carry on. But maximum of them are common. They mostly speak on time management.

Re: Why does a number of software development does not meet the deadline

Deadline is mostly based on time only. If you have a skill to manage time then you can accomplish a project within the time limit. First all it is important to ensure and make list of all stages involved in the development procedure. On that basis you can set a different target for each stage and finish them in given time.

This is mostly done by those who lack skill in better time management. There are analyst who knows the right thing about time setup. A analyst is a kind of senior person who is involved in development and other stuff. He knows well what time will be taken by what stuff. On that basis they design a time frame. Then comes the project head who are responsible to get things done in time. This is mostly ignored in many one. There are three important cycle involved in development process.

The first is the idea or concept. This is develop in draft wire-frame which consist of each and every aspect that would make the final product. Anything ignored here will increase more time to final cycle. The second is analyzation which involves what all elements will be used in developing that product. What languages will be used, what platform it will work on, how much area will it cover, etc. This needs immense knowledge and market know how about latest technologies. Also the analyst is responsible in providing the right method of developing. The comes the project head who is responsible to get the job done in right time.

That looks a bit different. I though this does not works like this way. But I am in website development firm and recently our client asked us to develop a chat box for a website. For that simple thing it took us around 2 months. Because we had got the idea but the central part analyzation was missing. The project guys tried to make it firm but due to various bugs it is still under constructions.

For every business time management plays a vital role. On that basis the money is paid. If a project exceed the limit, more cost is added which in return spoils the relation with client. Resources are not the only things which is needed to get work done. You might have many developers, but what is the if you are not capable of telling them what to do. Consider them as bots. They are intelligent in writing scripts. They do not have base to work on. I had visited a number of developing firm which simply divide themselves in number of department. One part works on graphics, other on text while other no modules. In the end when they merge together everything, there are tons of bugs.

Development is crucial process and with right planing nothing is impossible to achieve. I too agree with that analyzation stuff. This part is most important. It like a person who gives a wire-frame to the project with dummy stuff. The idea or concept act as base, while the analyst just make a paper diagram or what you say blueprint. Then the other guys come over and make a similar structure.

Every project has a deadline. And I had seen, when this companies failed to meet the time-line they put extreme pressure on their employees. They make them work for hours to fulfill their requirement. This is a symbol of abuse where a employee has to mentally work harder on those stuff which must be managed by other senior level people.

This is a clear scenario. I had seen a number of companies using project tracking software. This software works on some time-line where one work should be done given time. That is too a very effective way of achieving deadline. But does it is effective. A software involves number of things. There are number of codes and compatibility errors. Those appear only when the software is released finally and presented to end user. At that point also the development process does not end. Even after that you have to check and ensure that it much function properly. Software Development is not one time work. It is a regular process. This needs skills and abilities to understand the need of client. You just cannot dump stuff and create something which is going to be never used.

What I know is that there is no tool in the world which can help you to complete a project in given time. The tool is dead stuff. It does not react it just keep a time track. While if a person who had the ability to understand requirement and how to full-fill that can make work possible.

I too agree with the same. I was stucked with simple word-press website which was developed by a small firm. They work on parts. They have a graphic part kept separately, a sales parts and the final project head. All of them never talk together, so they never know what the client actually wants. After having tons of emails responses the project was still not fulfilled. This type of firms are good in selling, they are good in giving you promise that they will make things happen, but the scene is different.

Later on my friend help me who is web business but he is not involved in development. He helped me to find a number of alternative based on my requirement and also guided the development firm how to get things done. Within 2 weeks I got my site back.

It usually depends on the firm that you are working with. It is right that you need a perfect co-ordinator or guy who knows everything about the project. The people you met online mostly are like bot. They know to make only one specific thing and they are genius in that, but when there is matter of all round support and development they are completely blank.

your project work properly. When you follow these procedures further you can avoid deadline of software development. It is also helps to achieve your goal.
    Why you got deadline and keep in your mind when you start project you must follow time and divide