Thread: Good programming language for making security tools

Good programming language for making security tools

Which is the best language for pc security tools. I am studying C programming language. I had kept a list of other languages like Python, Java, etc to earn more specialization. I want to know which is a good programming language for designing security tools. Like anti-virus, scanners, etc. On which language are they made on.

Re: Good programming language for making security tools

It actually depends on the platform. If you are willing to work on Windows and design tools for it, then going for C++ is far more better. Other than there are more languages which work on more core levels. Software development is different while working on security protocol is another different thing.

What I know that whatever language who learn, you must have ability to switch from one to another on the base of requirement. This will give you a boost in future. Like if you are working on C and gained a good experience in that then you can try out JAVA or other happening language in current time.This will help you to gain a better qualification in future. For security purpose I think mostly Python is used.

I had seen a small development office which works on firewall. They write code on Python to control the hardware. You have to deal with some research in-order to gain a good knowledge. Because security is a bit complicated concept. There are many new things which involve daily. Take example of a virus. In which code they are written and how they spoil the system. You can study on that and you will came to know about the different languages used here. If you go for ethical hacking course from a reputed institution you will surely gain a good amount of knowledge.

C# will the be the best choice I think. Because this is one of the widely used language. Maximum applications are developed on C#. It is also very easy to locate the documentation and learning resources. You can try to read more on web about it.

Perl is another powerful yet ignored language which is used for various security application. If you want to learn good about security then do not stick with any language. Instead of that go on web and research about new security stuff. Like new type of firewall or router protection, etc. This will give you more information on what is used. A programming language is different concept and there are ample of structure in it. Even for developing a security tool you have to get good base in programming or else a number of term will not be easy to understand.

There are better security courses on web that will provide you more references. Also there are special training program which is mostly conducted by security firms Symantec, etc to provide a better awareness. You need the right guidance on that. Because almost all language are used for security purpose in different forms.

Go for Python. This is one of the most powerful security programming language. If you know Python you can create better applications. It is well said that nothing is secure. We only try a number of stuff to minimize the risk. Other than this C# is also widely used in development of programming language.

There are number of languages. To learn about security stuff you have to fist develop a firm base. This will help you to learn and understand a number of hacking stuff. This will give you a more clear idea on what language to go for. I can list you the best languages which are used worldwide for development of various softwares and sites.

They are Java, C#, C++, JavaScript, Visual Basic, PHP, Objective C, Perl, Python and Ruby. So here are your choices. If we check on the basis of ranking them Java is one of the most recommended and better language still. The language offers a comprehensive approach in various ways. You can make offline or online tools with this application and generate rich applications.

I am not sure whether java is widely used for making security tools. They are mostly C variants. Because this is one of the most compatible language on web and I had seen a number of Windows tools are designed on this only. What really matters is choosing the right language. Landing into complexity is not really good to some extent.

I am pursuing a course in Ethical hacking. In this at lower level I am sure there is no introduction of any programming language. But they talk more about vulnerability. There are two choices. Either you become a security expert or either you can become a developer who designs security software. In this way you can get more broader concept to look for. If you want to go for security expert, then you just need to learn the technical know how of vulnerability involved. You do not need to get deep in development.

On the same hand if you prefer for developing those app by writing each code, then you have to be more smarter. Those languages need time. You have to refer tons of documentation to understand the write core of this things. Most basically once you are involved in this stuff I am sure you will find more easy to understand new things.

This is a bit tough to start , but when you get into the business this will became much more easier for you. Instead of choosing a programing language it is better you choose the right career and then simply move in that way. You will find more better support there.