Thread: How to choose right development module for Java programming

How to choose right development module for Java programming

I need some help to choose the right tool for Java Development. I am a beginner and had just started a crash course in Java. I found a number of programming softwares, which had confused me a lot. I am not sure to pick the right one. What I want is a tool that can provide me basic and advance feature. I would like to work on the same forever. My friends have suggested me some, but still I want to know on it.

I checked web, there were hundreds of development program to use. It would be a great waste of time when I start using them. I need some guidance on the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to choose right development module for Java programming

If you need a free or what you say open source tool then you must go for Eclipse 3.0.

This is one of the top open source platform for Java Development. Many training institute which teach Java ask people to start with the same. And if you find this complicated then you can also check NetBeans.

For starters I think JCreator would be one of the best programming tools. The best part of using this software that it provides you a code completion support. Here the tool has some automated script inside it. So if you are a starter and needs tool that can guide you for some automated code completion and snippet then this can help you out. Also the tool has inbuilt feature to give you information on wrong code written. JCreator deals with automated method of finding java applet on a html file.

So here the tool is best to start with. Later on when you get at advance level at that point you can think about choosing a more complex software. The editor which used inside this software offers you a quiet advance editor. This editor has code folding feature which will help you a lot. Along with this the powerful debugger can help you to deal with many issues. You can try this out before taking the final decision of using it. There is another reason of recommending you to use this software. It has customization interface. This interface provides you document type structure where you can use toolbar, menus, keyboard shortcut. This makes your job a bit more faster.

According to me for starters I think JCreator can help you a lot. The tool is recommended for both advance and basic users. I had tested the software a number of time and quiet find it very useful. The Lite version is free while the Pro version will cost you around $79.

Instead buying a Developement tool you must try Eclipse. This is free and I think you will be comfortable with the same. Due to customization available in it you can make the tool look the way you want. It is quiet flexible according to me. First you must download and check the interface. This is one of the most important feature that you must look in any development tool. The UI offers you some quick access buttons. The tool has many good points which are worth to discuss. Like you can share a similar code among different projects. Also if you want to can integrate a number of projects with each other which saves your time of creating a new code entirely.

Rightnow the tool offer you a wizard mode screen. With this you can simply start a assistance to create quick code. To some extent formatting is possible on the code. When you copy a code and paste this somewhere else the formatting is too copied. This shows the powerful feature of document based formatting in it.

If you are willing to pay for a software then you must have a look on JBuilder. This is a bit expensive software but best recommended for development process. To test you can begin with a free version. The reason to recommend this software is, that it provides you a powerful option for web development process. It is worth to see once.

NetBeans is best according to me. It is free and nice. There is no way to spend a good amount on JBuilder. Because you have a better alternate compared to that. NetBeans has a third party plugin support through which you can do a number of things which is not possible on other software. I loved the GUI of this tool. Even a starter can learn lot of things very easily here. The visual support makes NetBeans a very simple tool. There is also a code generator software available in that.

There are well built menus and support provided. There are some things that is complicated to explain here. Like the test page where you see the preview of your code easily. The tab support is also available in the this software. If you go with a proper documentation support then you can find a better option. The documentation can provide you a detailed way of how to handle this software. .

NetBeans is a complicated tool for beginners. I will not recommend the same. If you want you can check the product features. At some white a laymen will surely stuck. It is better if you go for a very basic software and then start using a advance one.

Try jEdit. There are less features but good for beginning. You can start with a Java Desktop Tool and start writing simple code. There are some additional plugins and customization option in the software that can help you to understand how this actually works. It is not at all a complicated tool. It is more like a editor based software. To start with basic programming you can stick with this. But if you need more advance support then you have to ugprade to tools like NetBeans.

At start it is not better to confuse yourself by choosing a complicated tool with tons of feature.

Eclipse is one of the top rated tool that you can go for. What you need to check is the ease of use. Compared to other Eclipse and JetBeans are too software which are easy to operate. While there are many more on web. If you want to stay in the programming field for longer time do start with Eclipse. This will help you a lot.

madelinekim Guest

Eclipse is excellent option as it comes with plugin architecture option. It is usually include of an integrated development environment. The best part of Eclipse it is a opensource.