Thread: Frequently Asked Question about IIS Server

Frequently Asked Question about IIS Server

Hello I need information on IIS server in windows server 2008 R2. I have multiple IIS server and all servers are containing access to the several version of one website globally. So my question is will ISS server allow you to access another ISS sever if URL is not available for e.g. When I try to connect the www.techarena.in and this website not available in first ISS server, can I search this site on second ISS server? So can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. First of all I am new to ISS server, along with this I would also need to know what is What is a Web service extension and how do I use the Web Service Extensions folder and how to publish any document of website in ISS server. Can I create several website in one ISS server an how to create website. Please can anyone provide information on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Frequently Asked Question about IIS Server

I have some information about Web Service Extensions and I would like to share here. The Web Service Extensions is a lockdown feature of ISS 6.0 and The Web Service Extensions folder is an user interface. This feature is applicable for ISAPI extensions and CGIs with user-specified permissions, administrator must setup the specific ISAPIs and CGIs to allow and run on your ISS. To publish website you need to move your file to \Inetpub\Wwwroot directory and after that type: http://servername/filename in the address bar of your Internet browser to view your published files. I hope this information help to solve your issue.

Re: Frequently Asked Question about IIS Server

When you install ISS on your system by default a website will setup for you and with that you can publish your website. To create multiple website first of all you should have unique website identification and to do this you need to contact with the network administrator to create unique identification or to obtain multiple IP addresses or to assign multiple host name. I hope this helps you to solve creating multiple website and single website.