Thread: Calling WinRAR from MATLAB

Calling WinRAR from MATLAB

Hi,

I have a little problem calling WinRAR from Matlab. I use the following command:

cd(folder) % where folder is the location where the file I need to uncompress is stored

! start WinRaR e *.Z

the problem is that it uncompresses the file only at the end of the execution of the MATLAB function (even if this command line is not at the end of it), but i need to use the uncompressed file during the function.

Can you help me?

Thanks you all for your eventual answers

Mat

Re: Calling WinRAR from MATLAB

You can use the DOS command. It may be able to return you some values, it shoould be able to run inside your function. Also, check out suggestions given in similar kind of thread here - Calling winrar from matlab

Thanks for your answer but it didn't solve my problem. I had used the comands "dos" and "system", but the problem is always the same. It seems it does not depend on the type of command because i tried to call from MATLAB another program (different from WinRAR) and it works (using both "dos" or "!"). I guess it depends on the compatibility between MATLAB and WINRAR. Maybe the command i use:

start WinRaR e *.Z

is not the right one; but i have checked, on winrar help and through different forum, that it should be good.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your answer but it didn't solve my problem. I had used the comands "dos" and "system", but the problem is always the same. It seems it does not depend on the type of command because i tried to call from MATLAB another program (different from WinRAR) and it works (using both "dos" or "!"). I guess it depends on the compatibility between MATLAB and WINRAR. Maybe the command i use:

start WinRaR e *.Z

is not the right one; but i have checked, on winrar help and through different forum, that it should be good.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance
    I have found one mentioning that he was able to solve it out using-
    start /WAIT WinRaR e *.Z
    so if you want then you can give it a try and check out if it is helping out you as well or not.