Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-03-2012

sad how to make application for changing/modify file permission

dear tech arena...

i need your help..
actually i feels difficult to make application for modify file permission using java client server.
i had found a lot of information about it, but i'm still can't take the relationship and the answer between those information . i can't get the conclusion of it.
please giv eme the clue.
Old 28-04-2012

Re: how to make application for changing/modify file permission

File access permissions are controlled by blocks with the following syntax:

Code:
    grant {
        permission java.io.FilePermission "filePath", "permissionList";
    };
where filePath is the path of the file, of part of the file system to be accessed, and permissionList is a comma-separated list of [some combination of] the words read, write, delete and execute. Note that filePath can make use of two wildcards that should appear at the end of filePath. A '*' means 'all files in current directory', and a '-' means 'all files in the current directory and [recusively] all subdirectories'. There can be multiple permission lines. For example

Code:
    grant {
        permission java.io.FilePermission "/home/eric/-", "read";
        permission java.io.FilePermission "/home/eric/temp/*", "read, write, delete";
    }
A Windows example might be:

Code:
    grant {
        permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\\home\\download\\-", "read";
        permission java.io.FilePermission "C:\\home\\download\\temp\\*", "read, write, delete";
    }
Note the double \\'s for Windows.

grants read access to all files and subdirectories in '/home/eric/', but only files in '/home/eric/temp' can be written or deleted.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,