Thread: Creating a business directory website

Creating a business directory website

Is there anyone here who can help me in making a simple business directory website? I am creating this website for my business purposes and I want my website to be very simple. It should show only the listings and its subcategories with appropriate information. It should also allow people to come and login and enter their business details with appropriate information in my site and my website should display it. Not as complex as yellow pages but it should be similar in concept. That’s what I want. So if anyone who is willing to help me with these then please share some of your views with me. So that I can get some knowledge out of it.

star Re: Creating a business directory website

phpMyDirectory is a very important tool for you that you should check out. You can visit its official page and try out the demo version from there or you can buy it as well. phpMyDirectory is a good tool built in PHP and MySQL useful in creating websites focused on a business directory, classifieds, link indexing and many more. Do check it out dude.

Re: Creating a business directory website

idev-BusinessDirectory 3.0 is a good tool for creating business listings directory in your own website. One of my friend is using it currently and he is very much happy with it, that’s what I am recommending you to go with this one. As such he is using the old version 2.0 but now there is an updated version 3 available now for the price of $49.95. so if you want then you can definitely purchase it.

See there are various programs available out here with the help of which you can create a business directory. Like there is Joomla, php, Wordpress, .Net platform and many others but the question is with which platform would you like to go with. Wordpress is a very good cms which is based on php, in wordpress you don’t need to do any kind of coding stuff all ready made features are already available there, you just have to make some modifications while php is a pure coding stuff, every page needs to be coded before you execute anything.

Ok nice to hear about that but can you all tell me what would be the cost like how much will I have to shell out in order to make a directory for my website. So what do you all suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
    Ok nice to hear about that but can you all tell me what would be the cost like how much will I have to shell out in order to make a directory for my website. So what do you all suggest?
    Obviously the script for the website or the hardcore programming you say will cost you anywhere aroud $75, the designing stuff for your website will go upto 100 dollars, if you are thinking to go with some mods i.e. custom mods then even they will be priced at around $200-$400. So that’s what the price that I have got for you. There are many developers hunging out here you can get in touch with them and purchase a website.

Ok fine I have been using Dreamweaver CS3 since long and I am trying my level best to get some design for my website but I am not able to do it may be there is some different concept involved. Anyways I will let you all know soon, with what I am going ahead.