Thread: How to change author and title of PDF files

How to change author and title of PDF files

This is really frustrating I am unable to edit the author and title of PDF files can anyone here can assist me on this. I failed to do so search ever where but unable to find anything on this. The reason I am asking this is because I have Kindle e-Reader and I am planning to convert those PDF files for kindle . now the author names and titles are all messed up on the PDF files so I was thinking before converting those files I would change author names and titles . I need to know this really Bad I would be Appreciating any solution on this

Thanks in advance

Re: How to change author and title of PDF files

It is difficult to change a PDF but not impossible. You can do it online don't remember the name of the site (search google for this ) . It does not delete text directly but you can put white and you can write freely, for example. You can then save your work by downloading this PDF file. Or else , you can use software like PDF editor

when you do not have a PDF editor PDF Info is a small freeware that allows light to quickly change the title, author, subject, keywords, and a dozen other properties of a PDF file this soft ware t allows me to change the titles of my pdf without having to confuse me in the details of OpenOffice. This will be fitting into all the details, more pro when it comes to sending a resume electronically.

Yeah I know this software PDFInfo is a specialized application for change document information for PDF-files. Adobe Acrobat is not required. Simply select the PDF-file or folder with PDF-files, information, document, code and click "Start." PDF document information will changed. The free ware a Support for Unicode encodings Recurse search PDF-documents, or change in the set Producer of PDF documents Change or set Creator of PDF-documents, or change in the set Author of PDF-documents or change the set Name of PDF documents Change or set Subject of PDF documents Change or set of keywords of the PDF Program documents must have tool for every person or company that works with PDF-documents widely.

PrimoPDF Document Properties allows you to embed metadata that is title, subject, author, keywords in the PDF document. By covering the properties of the document allows the reader to obtain information about the author and is provided that is the document for keywords and other criteria.

This is best software I know about the PrimoPDF and to use it you have to do sa following

• In the PrimoPDF interface, under Document Properties, click Edit.
    • In the document properties window, enter the information for the Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords, and then click OK.
    • Check the Always use these settings to automatically compile specific information in the PDF later.

Hopes this help

A word of advice normally you cannot, it is the name of the owner for that you have by to right click and make a copy of the file and Then that copied file you t can able to renamed in the properties hopes this can help . or There are freeware that do that, but I am against changing the name of the author of a document

I came across a small utility software , very effective in changing the properties of a PDF document, before this I use to use PDF info to do the same with success but I also reduced each time the front page of my documents to PDF which is quite annoying I must admit. I came across ByCePDFMetaEdit, with whom I managed to change the properties of my documents PFS without corrupt. Change PDF document properties is particularly useful when you put them available on the web, as search engines like Google use information such as title and author name and in your case to converting to kindle

Quick PDF Tools helps organizing the author, It allows us to edit the title, author, subject or keywords in a PDF file or multiple PDF files simultaneously. Hopes this helps

Hey can anyone here can tell How I can edit a pdf file or change it to another format in order to manipulate its contents. I need to get this file in pdf some pictures to create another file in power points. Thank

It is is easy, and without additional programs I do it with corel only have to change the file extension . pdf to . cdr and is converted the file to corel, opens it and gives it to open something that says only text or curves. given in text and ready, there opens the file and select what you want to modify, by double clicking on the text to be modified hopes this helps