Thread: How to create a Website Using GIMP

How to create a Website Using GIMP

Recently I have installed the GIMP API in my Desktop; I have seen that this API have lots of the feature for the image and graphic design process, so I want to know that what should I have to do if I want to make this application to be used for creating my Websites, so what are the procedure for this to create a good website, and what are the requirement there to be need to have to make the use of this application for the creation of the good website, so if you guys have any of the information then please do the reply for this.

Re: How to create a Website Using GIMP

The first thing that the user should have if he want to create the website is that he should have the basic knowledge of the HTML and CSS and one Word based application should be there in the System like (notepad, wordpad, Notepad ++ etc.). The GIMP need to be install in the Desktop , these are the basic thing that are require for the user if user wish to create the website by using the GIMP.

The first thing before using the GIMP is that the developer or the one who want to create the website have to create a separate ‘main folder’ to save the work for the HTML code, images, CSS etc in different folders for the easy to find out the file if needed. So first the user has to start the GIMP application and after that there are the option that can be used for setting the dimension of the webpage so with the help of that dialog box the user can set the width and the Height of the Webpage as per the requirement. So after that the user can make the changes for the background with the help of the option there in the GIMP. And also there are the options there that can be used to set the Holdness, Hue, and Saturation for the main page by using the HSV Window to make the main page for better to look.

There are the header sections that are the important thing for the Website I think and that I have found there in this GIMP Application, and this header section can be created there for the website only after the setting have been completed for the background image and color including the dimension for the Website have been completed after then only there are the need to switch for the header section for the Websites so in the Header section the user have to make the use of the GIMP to make the banner design for the website, there are the predefine format for the banner are there in the GIMP so the user can make the use of the format to get an ideas for the banner for the websites. So finally go for the creation a header section, a horizontal navigation section, a vertical column and a content section.

The Navigation of the website can be create with the help of the gradient tool which is there in the GIMP, there are the option for the tool that can be used to make the custom color with the format of the combination for the RGB collection, and if the image there are rotate then with the help of the pressing CTRL key you can simply make the image straight.

If you want to cut the header then use the built in tools which is there in the GIMP Application, there are the tools there that can be used to select the structure of the image in the rectangle, circle, oval and also free hand selection of the image is there possible in this application that make the user to select the part of or the full image section and can navigate on that selection of the image.

For the creation of the webpage there is the main two thing is needed to be there that is for the index page and the main css page that have to be store there in the respective folder the index page have to be store as the index.html and the main css file that are mostly used for the entire page is to be saved as the ‘style.css’.

So after the creation of this two page there is the need to create the skeleton of the adding the skeleton to the page and importing our stylesheet.

For creating any of the website we need to have to little bit knowledge of the Html, XML, so if we want to use the GIMP, then first you have to download that from the official site and after that you have to install that in your system and after that you can make the use of this application to make the beautiful image and flash for your website. So for that there are the various of the option are there by which the user can generate and make the good websites.