Thread: Detect memory leak in java

Detect memory leak in java

Hello,
    I have a problem with an application. The memory consumption rises gradually. The problem is that the application must turn 24/24. With JConsole, I noticed that what goes up never stop the graph is "Tenured Gen". Apparently the oldest objects. There are a lot of code to detect or Be certain it's coming, especially since the application in question is testing the various API implemented here. So to track down the problem is poverty. I am not able to install JProbe. Someone would see it another way to locate the problem.

Re: Detect memory leak in java

Memory leaks that are not 'Data Cancers' are:

- Native memory leaks - eg forgotten dispose () calls or bugs in the JVM,
    - Incorrect implementations of finalizer - finalizers are not destruction
    - Waiting queues and objects in finalizer Reference queues, and
    - Cascading effects with objects of type 'java.lang.Reference'.

All these problems are very rare compared with the 'Cancer Data' type.

- Will make heap snapshots.
    - Can one make snapshots of Diff.
    - Finds all references to an instance.
    - Displays the Reference graph of Reference up to a static root or main instance.
    - If solutions can simulate, for a reference can usually over multiple paths can be achieved.
    - Should show the heap as if the garbage collection on the flight would work. For we should have to observe the garbage collection yet.

It is also important as a tool Reference Graph can navigate through an intuitive and how it displays the information. A tool that only one level of a Reference Graphs show will not be very helpful. Reference graphs often reach more than 100 levels.

I recommend the Reference Scanner, you can see this on the official site. This tool we wrote because we found that our well-known popular tools do not help much in our daily work. It has all the characteristics that have just described is fast and has a low memory consumption. You can a conventional JVMPI Profiler also use the other approach as our tool and support in finding a trace of memory leaks have something. The best known tools are OptimizeIt and JProbe.

One of the most successful methods is this one:

- Define two points in time to take a heap snapshot.
    - Finished a diff from the snapshot to.
    - Reference to analyze the graph instances that are left in the diff.
    - Simulate one or more solutions.
    - Implement a solution.

Choose the second date as heap-neutral as possible in respect of the first date. Return back to a state, no more objects would be expected where as before. Please think of any unsaved changes (Save?), Histories, undo lists, caches, pools, etc..

I think this myth is false. Whenever I was told that the JVM is no longer creates, then it quickly became quite normal out a memory leak. Very often tools are the most common problems JVMPI easy to find all references and the Reference Graph Overview display. Just try out several tools.

If the object is still there even after the garbage collection was called, then it is almost always that the object is fully achieved yet. Festivities reached a static root of or from the main instance itself at least one other object references the object. So take to the virtual machine that the object is still in use. If a program leaks memory, because it referencing the memory not the picks, then we call this problem 'Data Cancer' - Data cancer. The heap grows and grows. In the worst case, throwing the program later an 'Out Of Memory' Exception - it has no more memory to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Hello,
    I have a problem with an application. The memory consumption rises gradually. The problem is that the application must turn 24/24. With JConsole, I noticed that what goes up never stop the graph is "Tenured Gen". Apparently the oldest objects. There are a lot of code to detect or Be certain it's coming, especially since the application in question is testing the various API implemented here. So to track down the problem is poverty. I am not able to install JProbe. Someone would see it another way to locate the problem.
    I am trying to solve this problem " Detect Memory Leak in Java " using java.lang.instrumentation and Javassist library which is used to instrument bytecode but still not getting success on it.....I found one Profiler JLeak but is not giving me perfect solution......

So if u guys having any solutions then please help me....

Regards,
    Avesh
    Last edited by avesh_kaliya; 11-11-2011 at 07:01 PM.

dfgddfgdfgdfgdgdgdgdgdgd