Thread: How to run Perl script on Mozilla Firefox?

How to run Perl script on Mozilla Firefox?

I am newbie to Firefox. Recently I have started to face an interesting problem with this particular browser. I am getting popup messages which is associated with .pl files. Well can you tell me how can I configure this particular browser to run the .pl file? Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to run Perl script on Mozilla Firefox?

Looking at the matter I wanted to know following details to so that I can help you out.
    What is the content of the pop message? Is the message is coming from the Firefox?
    Are you trying to run the .pl file trying to execute local or remote?
    Which operating system do you running?
    Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Well in this particular situation I am suspecting that there is an issue with the server itself. What I am wondering that the server is not supposed to set up the mime type appropriately. As far as I know the server script should be content type of text or html. I have also noticed that Internet explorer is supposed to ignore the mime-type. I don’t think so there will be do anything special on the browser so that the Perl script can run on the browser of yours.

I agree with the thing which you have stated over here. I wanted to tell you that there is something associated with the server configuration. I recommend that you should simply check the Apache config or ask the admin to do the same.
    I am putting just my thought that the script outputting "ContentType: text/html” before of everything else. As far as I know Perl also tends to do the same thing when you are supposed to forgot that particular line into the script's output.

I wanted to tell you that the server of yours is not configured to handle the perl script as of the CGI script. IE is attempting to the file extension in the windows if you are associated .pl files with the perl.exe in Windows. It will execute the file once it is downloaded into the cache of the browser of yours and hence you are getting the text of the perl script. Also you can search on the internet to set up the Apache or IIS to execute the CGI scripts by making use of Perl. So try the same and let me know whether you have managed to get the requirement of yours.

covetus5050 Guest

Hello

Software development is one of difficult and interesting tasks....I am a photographer I couldn't say more on this topic....I heard about perl script but have no more knowledge.

Thank you