Thread: crystal reports 9 for excel 2003

connecting crystal report to excel vba userform

Hai all,

I have data in excel 2003 and I am using crystal reports 9 version to build reports. I connected the data source from excel and build a report but where I am getting a problem is, entire records are showing on the report. I need to get report pertaining to the particular "File Number" given on the excel vba userform.

and anotherthing is it possible to modify the report in runtime ?

I made an excel vba userform. Can I make it an executable file like VB 6.0 project to open directly the userform rather the excel datafile ? Now, what is happening, I am opening excel file and I wrote code in excel workbook open event as "me.show" But it is opening only after opening of the data sheet.

Pls tell how to connect or open a crystal report from the excel vba userform ?

Re: crystal reports 9 for excel 2003

I think that the the old "Shell" command will be needed. You may also need to "Sendkeys" once the crystal report is opened, so you can actually print your data. In your VB editor, use the Help menu to get the actual examples needed to implement these commands. Open the "Project" menu in Visual Basic. Select "Components" and click on "Crystal Report Control." Add the Control to the report form that you have created.

Dear EINSTEIN_007

Thank you for responding. Actually I am not using Visual Basic but using VB for Aplications ie for EXCEL. So how to deal with EXCEL VBA ?

good morning all,

Pls suggest any sample projects to get idea of building reports in crystal reports for Excel VBA. I tried with the help topics as suggested by the community members, but I am not getting the proper path. I request one and all expert to provide your assistance in this regard. Its very urgent for me to build reports for my boss.

You should not replace Excel that is essentially a reporting tool for de-duping data. If the data is currently in a database, you should be able to de-dupe it using SQL. Or do you actually want to retain the duplicate data but just not display it. Incidentally, you can use VB in Crystal. Crystal also has its own form of "basic" too. I would look around for a Crystal forum for specific help though.