Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-08-2011

Keep Your Codes Neat

I actually do not understand how many times I've been on a website, and looked at the source code, which is impossible to read. Why? No line breaks! Other times, while a few code very fast, I do not take the time to be prearranged and unexpected troubles and are tricky to troubleshoot because I cannot locate the areas in my code. So recently, have taken a simple idea: the most ordered my codes are: the easiest I can fix and edit.
Old 27-08-2011

Re: Keep Your Codes Neat

Sometimes the code is well written, but when the browser downloads a source of line breaks disappear and it becomes impossible to read what happened to me. However it is very important to organize in the encoding, because as you say, sometimes we cannot understand what he did for ourselves
Old 27-08-2011

The purpose of a website does not have the source code is readable. The goal is to be useful, and the spaces and line breaks that have more time to make that particular page to load. It might be the best person to reply to this topic because I hate the comments. Every time some code, even if not a year ago I still know where each part is because I know my code form.
Old 27-08-2011

I totally agree with the coding for easy reading, I know you do not want other people to read the code, however, is very difficult to correct the code messy. One thing I like to do is compartmentalize my code, for example, a site with a site wide issue, I'll make a separate file with all the data themes and layout design that does not change often and then use a php include in my content pages and all I need to enter the pages of my content is the content and there is no need to change anything design for each page. If I decide to change the design, I can change a file, not ten, as recently when I added a new page and need to put a new link in my link bar, change a few lines in a file and adjust all site, very easy from there.
Old 31-08-2011

I think that works well in general: their codes should be nice and organized, but also due to their files. That's one thing I hate about using only HTML: if you have 100 pages and need to change a link in your navigation.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,