Thread: Unable to get a safe access while connecting to Postgres

Unable to get a safe access while connecting to Postgres

Is there a way through which I can protect the username and the password that is normally send when the connection for set establishes and it moves forward, I would rather like to have some / way or method that is worth protecting my user name and password that are been send over postgre and the real basic driver,, If there is no way to protect it then I guess it looks like we have coded all the code in the real studio application without the internet in the non –realistic mode.

Re: Unable to get a safe access while connecting to Postgres

Well, I don‘t have much knowledge about the query that you have stated here, but, I have worked postgre for quite a few time and I have pretty much done this on my application that I am using , so you can just do that by encrypting the software and then moving all quires and record set for going that from the postgre server ,and back to your application as that might just secure it , by some pretty well defined algorithm.

A simple option to make this secure is by the use/ modifying the server option (postgre) to accept request only for certain option by the use of the ip address that they use, you just need to define then in the server allow list , but this method has only one drawback which is your user/client is trying to use different ip address for logging in then that might cause you some problem . Well this is on the other way best way to secure your network.

Yeah dude, that was a good answer that was given by the above user, but, I would rather like to give you even better solution for this,you can have a little more secure connection to this with the help of the port number that is used to communicate with this , the port number that is there by default should be changed to any number above 1002 and then set it some selective number which can be used only by you to send an receive the user name and password through that port .

I guess the MD5 option wwould work the best for you , so far it just takes some time to load the page which is the some where around 24 sec , but in this time it decrupts the username and password that the user or clinet have entered ,and I think you should not connect the internet directly to your database , instead of which hyou acan set you an web interface so that the attacter might not getan direct access of the database .

For the best security I would suggest you the use of the VPN or SSH protocol .but many user have complained that they are still not out on the platform that we use , which would then soon be released on the latest update , but till then you could use the ssh tunnel which works on the concept of payload protocol and uses the tunneling protocol which might give you some better control over the network that you are working on it .

Hey , I have just found out an way to do this very properly an accurately while I guess the port forwarding technique does works better for me , I would rather like to see is that was very useful for me , I would rather like to have this things with it , I would really like to have some that would work out , well thanks for all the replies that you all gave me thanks for it .