Thread: Bidimensional array uncontrolled

Bidimensional array uncontrolled

I am an student at University of California and I love to try out different programming languages as I really love developing them and using it for my personnel use, so here, I am using the real software for creating some simple application but somehow it seems that I am not been able to make then as I am not been able to control the array that I have, used ,I have used an bidimensional array and it seems that I am not been to control it , any help to make it bounded to the code .

Re: Bidimensional array uncontrolled

In the definition of the class you can write the one dimension of the array as -1 it shall be increased while you are running the code, so just done worry about it , so this is with the first dimension of array after than moving on to the next dimension you can set the same to 5 ,but remember that the second dimension would not change in the runtime as the first one would so be sure it is a valid number , and then create an instance to use this array .

Hey , I just went through your code and here is what I have found ,It firstly appeared that everything was , right as I made the mistake of using the second dimension of array same as the first dimension of array but , later after reading your post , I made the changes and that worked ,for me as the array then stayed grounded for me , but now , I have been facing a new problem; after writing the code of the two dimensioned array I am not been able to set the array property which provides the auto compete feature .

The property that you are trying to use is only valid for using it in the one dimension array, you cannot use the myarray.ubound property in the bidimensional array , so to do that you might need some higher syntax style , here is the syntax :
    Code:
    Class  rowdata
     Property item(4) as string 
    End
    Class classm
    Property rows(-1) as rowdata
    End
    Instance .rows,append new rowdata.

I think I have this here I have made it a point to see that this also works with 2d matrix , I mean it just the same code with a different logic , as the bi-dimensional array can also be called as two dimensional array. Here is what I have made till know I hope it works for you
    dim Row as new Row1
    Code:

dim p,q,r as Integer

for p=1 to 20
        for q=1 to 8
          tempRow.myRow.Append(str(p)+","+str(q)) 
        next q
        for r=0 to tempRow.myRow.Ubound-1  
          redim MyArray.BiMatrix(UBound(myArray.BiMatrix)+1)
          MyArray.BiDiMatrix(k).myRow.append =tempRow.myRow(k)  
        next r
        redim TempRow.myRow(-1
      next p

that is pretty simple mistake that you have made above I mean every new user does that as I too had done the same mistake when I first coded it , but I think everyone can learn something for here mistakes as I have , you just need to remove the = sign in the
    Code:
    redim MyArray.BiMatrix(UBound(myArray.BiMatrix)+1)
    as the error that you have been facing above is most likely to be caused by the object oriented language

After reading all your comment I suppose that I am not the only one who was not been able to code things up , I would rather like to have some special things in So, as you projected, in such a nested objective, the merely way to add a new lower level constituent (myRow) to the item is to add a higher level ingredient (BiDiMatrix) enclose it .Thank you for your help.