Thread: How to save file and run file using python

How to save file and run file using python

I am a student and have completed my b.sc (information technology). during my graduation I had learnt programming languages like C, C++, C#. but we never had python in syllabus. So I couldn’t learn it. But now as I am hunting for jobs I feel the need to learn python as it would be an add-on for me in my resume. I have started learning it and I know only little basics of it. I want to know is how can we save a file or run a file using python. Kindly advice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .

Re: How to save file and run file using python

Well firstly let me tell you that python is a high level programming language. It has a very vast standard library and is often used as scripting language. Its good that you want to learn more about python language. Files in python should be saved with .py, .pyw, .pyc, .pyo, .pyd file extensions. For example you can save a file name as programming language.py or programming language.pyw, programming language.pyc, programming language.pyo and programming language.pyd. where, “programming language” is the file name and you can run the file by clicking on these files. Hope this works .

Its nice that you want to learn more and more. Python is a very simple programming language. well as you want to know how to save a file in python and run so for that my answer would be, open the python shell first. There is you will find save option and a run option. you can use them for saving and running the file respectively . make sure that when you save a file it is saved with .py extension. Next time you just need to click on the .py file and it will get opened. Hope it helps.

Well saving a file and running is not difficult. You open the python program there you can type any program like print “my name” and save this by clicking on the file menu which is present above and then clicking on the save option. By doing so the sile will get saved. Make sure that the file saved is saved in the same python app directory with .py extension. After that you can go to the run menu above and select run module. This will run the file. Just for information the current version python are python 2.7.2 and python 3.2.1. To learn more about python you should visit the official website of python and learn more. Hope this helps.