Thread: Overclocking Alienware Aurora R2

Overclocking Alienware Aurora R2

Hello everyone, I feel that you all are having a wonderful weekends, actually I thinking to overclock my Alienware Aurora R2, so I don’t know much about Overclocking, so it will be so nice of anyone who will tell me about the procedure or either give me information about the overclocking Alienware Aurora R, I think that there are not overclocking levels in Bios. So what should I do for this? You every suggestion will be high appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Overclocking Alienware Aurora R2

For overclocking the Alienware Aurora R2 and Area 51 Automatically just simply follow the below steps:
    At first you have to restart you system and while the system is rebooting you have press constantly “F2” for getting into setup screen and then you only able to see the system setup screen than utilize the down arrow key and then the right one till the time control for Voltage is shown up and then you have to press the “Enter” key. Further after this, at the time when you have loaded the Level X OC setting then again press the Enter key on the Ok option and then press the “ESC” for getting back to the system setup, Now you will able to see the save changes and exit setup, there also you have to press Enter on the Ok key. And you Overclocking procedure have been completed successfully after this and your system with restart automatically just after completion of all procedure.

At the time when you reset the system setup i.e BIOS on the setting to default on your Alienware Aurora R2 and also on the area 51, so either use jumper or can opt for Keyword command in BIOS, factory sends the Overclocking setting which use to slip back to non-overclocked state. Once the default has been loaded properly the setting for overclocked has to be insert manually. And while you had overclocked the system that doesn’t mean that I will run in the same speed, the system mechanically adjust the speed according the need.

Yeah once you have done with overclocking then the system will detect the required for the speed and at the same time adjust that, such as while operating high level videos games or some other applications and the perfect place where you can establish the maximum speed at the time when system use to overclocked, that used to be in the BIOS system as while many software applications might not dependently recognize the utmost speed.

Firstly you should go for some mild overclocking and for you have to setup certain setting:
    You have set yofu CPU multi to x21, except the Bios locked it the x20 default and then shall also boost base Clock from the stock 133 is upto 180 as while 133 x 20 stock multi use to 2.6GHz as the default for the i7 920. For the basic low overclocking. And the memory runs off the back clock at the time when you enhance back clock the memory speed will also enlarge. And you will also able to maximize the output of ram if you have 1333 ram at least at 1600 with no voltage boost.

As while you should take care of the voltage in CPU, it should be increase a bit for higher overclocking but maximum at 3.6 GHz, as many time I had seen user use to keep it at default and should avoid that, as keeping it default use to increase CPU voltage and more heat will start generating by it, so depend on heatsink, you don’t let it go above 1.275 voltage and the user run is maximum time on water is 4.15 voltage and the maximum on the better heat sink. And QPI voltage is the key for overclocking procedure and require of keeping higher back clock constant.

While with my experience I had noted that some of system don’t get resume from the stand – by mode and are not able to relate to the 3rd party drivers in the system. While the matter can be also related with wrong power management that you can locate under the configuration in the windows. And if you are having any problem so you can follow the command under the Command Prompt: “c:\powercfg energy” and till by that time also you are getting the same problem and opt for basic troubleshooting and that update all chipset driver and also check whether the video card drivers are updated and first uninstall and reinstalled the command center.