Thread: PHP 5.3: unable to run phpinfo on IIS 7 on Windows 7 x64 Build 7100

PHP 5.3: unable to run phpinfo on IIS 7 on Windows 7 x64 Build 7100

I have Windows 7 64bit operating system. Recently I have installed Php 5.3(x86) on IIS 7 in it. After that I ran a php script with the help of my browser. Then I received a PHP warning notifying me that phpinfo() is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. I mistaken selected 'Europe/Helsinki' for '3.0/DST' instead in D:\mysite\index.php on line 2. Also I have installed PHP Non Thread Safe VC9 through the installer and chose IIS-FASTCGI. Any suggestions how to solve?

re: PHP 5.3: unable to run phpinfo on IIS 7 on Windows 7 x64 Build 7100

According to me your problem can be solved by doing some adjustments in my php.ini with my timezone. In the php.ini the line will commented by default, so you have to uncomment and define your actual location.
    Code:
     [Date]
    ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
    ; http://php.net/date.timezone
    ;date.timezone =
     To:
    [Date]
    ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
    ; http://php.net/date.timezone
    date.timezone = America/New_York
    Note that there are no quotes around America/New_York. This will solve your problem for sure.

This kind of problems is nuisance because you have to rely on managing time zone in your PHP applications while inserting dates into MySQL databases. The reason is that to allow changes to the time zone from the users’ view for example a server might be placed in New York and its client dates would be kept according to Los Angeles time. So I suggest you to downgrade your PHP to 5.2 so that you don’t have this sorting or phpinfo() problem or start setting it in your php.ini or your application

Try upgrading your PHP 5.3 properly. Don’t upgrade it from any unknown lame sites. You can upgrade it by going to official website for proper and registered upgrade. After upgrading, number of bug fixes will be solved. Also it’s address stability and functionality problems which existed before when running PHP on Windows. For detailed list of all the changes and fixes, refer to the news.txt file included within the PHP zip file. The phpinfo() problem will be solved as it has been compiled with the latest version of C compiler (VC9). It also has built-in support for more details.