Thread: How to open precompiled header file stating an error no such file found

How to open precompiled header file stating an error no such file found

Hi I was currently developing a program in c++ for this I’m using the visual studio 2005 which is an express beta version. While writing the program I had come up with a few issues in my program. Whenever I’m trying to execute the program it states a fatal error C1083 and gives an error message saying that precompiled file which is a header file for 'Debug\test4.pch' saying that file or directory for a file is not found. Please help me regarding this.

Re: How to open precompiled header file stating an error no such file found

You can easily do this manually just go to explorer and then right click on the file name which is given under the source after that from there you select properties then search for precompiled headers and then from there you need to select not using pre compiled header. This will automatically fix you an error if you are still persisting with the same the just make a bit search on the net. You don’t need to do much just need to do setting in visual c++.

If you don’t get the things done by selecting the option from the file menu then go to the folder where you had saved your project and from there simply delete a debug folder. by doing this it will going to erase all your previous header file make sure that you had not change anything in the precompiled header as when it is compile it state that error as your using the pre compiled header. Hope this will going to help to resolved your error.

Even I used visual c++ for developing the project and whenever I used visual studio for c++ I always disabled the precompiled header. I’m searching for portable code which compiles my program fast. I had even replace my program header file from #include <iostream> now I’m using #include "iostream.h" as a header file as it was an out of date header file. Does anyone know will it effect in my compilation of program or wether iostream.h exits in visual c++ or no.

Search for the file stdafx.cpp and change its value to /yc you can do this by opening visual c++ in that go to properties and from there select c/c++ and in that go to precompiled headers in that cerate /yc I’m not sure but maybe this may help you as I’m not much familiar with c++ program. You can delete the header log file if the permission is denied than that mean it is in used with some other program so turn off the entire program or restart your pc then try to delete it.

Just check your program and see wether you had included the header in the VS. After that in visual studio go to tools and from there select the option and then search for the project and solution and from there go to VC++ directories from there you can check for it. I’m not much good in c++ so I don’t know much about but I usually use visual studio for developing the project using c#.net and sql server 2008.

You must 1st understand about the wxWidgets to solve an fatal error wxWidgets is not build to useable libraries when your installing the wxMSW throught the installer. This might be due to lots of configurable elements, which is what exactly the setup.h you referred for it. You can easily build this quickly by doing the things manually search for it on net to how to do it manually or ask someone who know well about it.