Thread: Slow performance with IIS7 and URL Rewrite 2.0

Slow performance with IIS7 and URL Rewrite 2.0

I have IIS7 installed on top of Windows Vista operating URL 2.0 - Development PC I wish for all ask for sent to whichever given domain name to be rewritten to single middle PHP file which in twist loads content energetically. I was beforehand utilizing tradition error pages to complete this, except for some reason the HTTP headers are killed for the duration of that procedure - avoiding my stuff cache script from functioning right as if-modified-since is not obtainable. Almost certainly for the reason that a 404 error happens with the intention of redirect the demand to the central PHP file.

Re: Slow performance with IIS7 and URL Rewrite 2.0

You must be capable to outline this file plus/or status code, which will inform us where the moment is inspired. However i don't appreciate your issue. Consistent with time-taken, it loads within < 1000 ms which is < 1 second. Therefore somewhat else is taking place here, possibly numerous requests? Or somewhat client side (i don't recognize what at this instant). Maybe make use of WFetch to notice how quick the reply really is. This would remove browser problems

The rule you make use of will rewrite each and every one requests to the rewritten url, counting the picture files, js files(etc..) you referenced inside the page. That might be the cause in support of the problem. I recommend you situate logRewrittenUrl="false" and check it over again. During this case, IIS will log the unusual request. You can verify the log to observe what is the precise requests that is need to rewritten, after that cancel out requests(e.g. img,js etc) that you don't in fact would like to rewrite in your regulation.

With Mod Rewrite is called a rewrite engine that can run as a module on an Apache web server. Mod Rewrite allows you to rewrite the URLs of your website. This means, that is simulated on the basis of a previously defined rule, the requested URL, which in turn for the visitor of the site is not visible. The main reasons are the talk of this technique to a search engine optimization by a clean URL structure and also to improve the security of the website through a cover of the file system. Even though Mod Rewrite requires a little knowledge, so it pays to use my mind to this very module, provided it is made available on the Web server.

In excess of just a Web server, Internet Information Services 7.0 offers a secure, easy-to-manage platform intended for developing and dependably hosting Web apps as well as services incorporated modular architecture of latest administrative tool dominant innovative diagnostic APIs unified, distributed arrangement model enhancements IIS 7.0 safety and patching Optimization Custom expansions Rapid operation resolutions identification in support of administrators along with developers concentrated downtime

The whole thing is really hard to judge because you cannot even sit at the computer. But in general we can say this: No matter how often extols the MS work with PHP and MySQL, and wants to sell, the fact is that the IIS 6 or 7 is simply just a disease of the IE If you're anything like the possibility to come to a Linux server (preferably Debian, but that's my opinion personal opinion), then use the. The fact is that the IIS has worked so badly that for years on the MS update servers running Linux to MS, it was too embarrassing and they have changed it again.