Thread: PHP on IIS with MySQL slow response times

PHP on IIS with MySQL slow response times

I have just installed the php 5.3.5 that I have downloaded from the official site of php.net and then installed and ran the same on the IIS server which is needed for this to run and the connected it with My sql . After that when I tried to run some php pages that I have previously created, the pages then runned so slowly that it was very difficult to load then easily .Any helps appreciated.

Re: PHP on IIS with MySQL slow response times

I would recommend you to change the setting to 123.0.0.12 and check how your php server responses with that. If still the problem there are many tools that would help you debug that I think there are plenty that could help you, I used the X-debug tool and that worked wonders for me . this would allow you to debug the php application s that you are current ly using. I guess that should help you out as it helped me out.

Wincache grind is another tool that can help you out and this tool musts interpret the the xdebug logs and then send you reports about them, they also give you MS breakdown details and also the cause of the problem and what going on currently with it and more on it also traces the failed request with the IIS and ASP application. I used that to see what s going on with the php that is installed application and that worked for me.

I think you should post the current configuration of the system so that it would help you out in a better as the user of this application or software may provide you with a better help and the it. As you may know that there are some version of php and Mysql that are buggy and that may lead to the problems that you are facing. As these are open source software‘s there are frequent updates to this and you should updates your Mysql and php with it.

I have a php version 5.3.5 which is the latest I could get from the site of the php on the other hand I have a compatible version the IIS server so that there won’t be a problem with the running of the pages and I have even installed the latest version of the Mysql so that all the previously bugs get fixed .After doing so much debugging and that research about the installation procedure of the same , the problem still persists

Hey , did you resolved the server name in the Mysql or the my.ini file which is the most necessary step to convert it and render it on the WebPages and server. I recommend you to check the name resolve in the my.ini file so that you get to see where you error is there also might be the same. IT is quite possible that you skipped it after the up gradation. This are the common things that we often miss –out after the updates. Post me back if the problem still persists .

Nothing worked for me so I consulted a professional software engineer for this he then took a back up o my pc and formatted it and then started with a fresh copy of installation php and IIS there are many versions of this so he installed to most stable version as one of your suggested me . I think there was an error with first installation and which caused a series of error in the next level.