Thread: Need suggestions regarding a personal site

Need suggestions regarding a personal site

By seeing increasing web pages or websites of several companies or several users, thus I am also planning to have my own personal site which I would manage accordingly. This would let other know about some of my information as well as my social accounts. I have just introduced to web development and I am not so creative so I would not able to design something. So tell me someplace where I can develop sites and all other get acquainted with me using that web page.

Re: Need suggestions regarding a personal site

As you are a web developer so you would be knowing the web programming languages such as PHP as it is widely used language as well it is a open source standard. So you can use this language for any website for free of charge. So in order as you want to create web page so for that I would suggest you to make use of Word Press because as far as I know this is the excellent website for a newbie and even it provides you lots of features that you can make use of.

Well considering your needs you need to make a personal page wherein you can provide information about yours as well link up some of your social activities on it. This would also provide you to make contacts and also I guess you want to do some job or business over internet. So according to me if you go for word press then it would be best as it would save lot of your time and if you know PHP then you can apply your coding skills on this site and the customize the site the way you want.

No doubt word press is a nice platform in order to have website and also to have some web development over here. But to be simpler you can use Joomla; it is a new open source standard which would help you to make the website the way you want to customize and even with few clicks. You just need to install it and you even not need to know more about PHP as it is more simpler to use and if you have some query related to it then you could get the answers easily from its support site.

Your query is that you are a coder; I mean you have entered web development that means you know some of the languages on which you can code. The main thing you hate is that you don’t like web designing and is having interest in development. So definitely in this case you should go for word press and you can purchase readymade themes which you like and thus start coding on word press, for having the site according to the way you want and thus your problem is solved.

Even if you don’t want to do bit coding or designing then you can go for a readymade tool over the web which makes the website for you. You just need to go through that particular site and register an account there and you need to select a domain name which you want for your site. It must be unique, the thing which you won’t like here is that these companies or website put there site name as a sub domain to their domain so probably you won’t choose going to these sites. But if you are ready then go ahead and easily make a site within few hours.

For having a public website over internet you need to have a domain name for your website. This you need to acquire by contacting your ISP or using several domain hosting providers. They charge for that domain for yearly basis and after each year you need to renew the same. Also you need some web space if your website is having more content, so to store the same you need a space. So search for domain host and purchase the same from them, this is a basic step to continue what you want.