Thread: Multiple language text should be in Mysql db or filesystem?

Multiple language text should be in Mysql db or filesystem?

Hello my technical friends, a warm greeting to you all. I am stuck at one place and I am not able to take proper decision, so please guide me and get me out. I am owning a website it is having multiple language support and it is based on MySQL database. Now my good friend has suggested me to switch on the file system for the MySQL for my Multilanguage support. He tells it is much faster. Is this true please guide me. What should be done.

Re: Multiple language text should be in Mysql db or filesystem?

Sir as you are owning the website you must be having far better knowledge than me. My advice may not help you out but I also know something about it so that is why I am showing some guts to answer over your post. I think the volume of data plays a very big role over here. So the choice should be made accordingly. I would say that you should stick on the database because it has better capacity to handle the data that the file system. Forgive me if I am not right in this case.

Humm interesting guts. After reading this it seems you are interested in the backend, anyways you are a having a fair bit of knowledge about it and that shows in your answer and I also like the way of answering. I would like to add a bit to this. As the previous reply said data plays a very important role its true. File system will be better only for simple situations and not for complex. If I would be ion your place I would have sticked around to the database.

Every one has their own openion and I have got something different to say over here which will prove to be contradictory to the previous replies. I would say that you must be using the third party to translate the data, right na? So why should you give them acces to your database. So rather go for the file system and store the translated data on to the disk. If you are not using the third party than you can stick to database.

Hello every one. I read the above replies and would say that all are correct and have given good response to the threads. I also have something to say over here. I think you should do caching of the language text. Along with this you should use session for per user. And if you would have lots and lots of user than you memory would be eaten up like anything in the file system. So I would say go for db only.