Thread: I am having troube with FAXCOMEXLib service

I am having troube with FAXCOMEXLib service

Hello everyone. I developed an application for generating and sending invoices (pdf file) via email and fax in vb. Net. For the delivery via fax, use the library FAXCOMEXLIB. The problem arises when sending the fax through the fax service of Windows, previously attached file is opened, the slip in pdf format at adobe reader. I wonder if anyone knows how to send the fax without opening the adobe reader, since the application runs in the background and the shipment must be completely automatic.

Re: I am having troube with FAXCOMEXLib service

I had the same problem.What you will need to do do is download the gsview and modify the Windows registry to associate the printing of the file. Pdf to gsprint. You have to put in the registry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT-> AcroExch.Document-> shell-> Printto-> Command this key. C: \ Program Files \ Ghostgum \ gsview \ gsprint.exe % 1-printer % 2 % 3 % 4. What you do with that is that when you want to send to print a file. Pdf gsprint call and not the Acrobat Reader. You will see that this line should say something about the adobe reader before the change. In this way we achieve that can send automated fax number and adobe does not hangs also.

In my case I am trying to capture the events of the fax, basically when you change a status message if the service is stopped. I am curious what the issue is behind that when I connect to the server. This just does not capture anything. I tried posting my code on some forums that I was using but nothing helped found on that. The fax service works because I have other applications to send faxes from the same server without any problem

The truth is that I do not know what to do, yesterday afternoon I threw all time of my afternoon to get this thing work. My doubt arises whether production will function properly and will that work fine in the machine where I am working or where there is modem fax connected. I am working on somewhat similar where I need to send several faxes in a chain from an asp.net application. It is a modulus to send confirmations to customers via Fax. The user selects a list X clients and the program sends automatically.The problem is that if I use the reference FAXCOMLib.dll to connect to the server I get access denied error.

Seems to be a permissions issue, I have permissions to asp.net user fax and everything related. NET cannot find the com + object or anything in Component Services to play with permissions. The truth is that most of use do not know where to touch. The problem is that part of that incompatibility or something, if we automate the sending of PDFs by FAX this collapses and crashes. The solution is that instead of using a PDF you must try this same with TIFF image for example and then sent the same.

I am using for faxing faxcomexlib with a shared fax sbs 2000 and as result I get a message that the fax server API version does not support The requested operation.The same code used with the SBS 2003 shared fax functioning very well. Also you must know that the code comes in Microsoft SDK . Now I was just searching here to ge me some hand on the documentation. I had somehow got success in some work but not in all.