Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

code for using a batch file to parse html (.htm) files and export values in .csv format

Software Development

Old 18-03-2011

code for using a batch file to parse html (.htm) files and export values in .csv format

Can anyone suggest code for using a batch file to parse html (.htm) files and export values in .csv format.

The values required always appear in the format:

Applicant No.xxxxx

and a few lines down

Call No: xxxxx

There are multiple .htm files within the folder and I am trying to write a script to output the relevant values in .csv format from all of the files contained.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been doing it manually getting through a few thousand a day but if I can crack this using a batch file its going to save me loads.

Cheers Guys,

James

Old 19-03-2011

Re: code for using a batch file to parse html (.htm) files and export values in .csv format

It is always recommended to avoid nested if as they become soon unreadable. So the following code performs what you want in cleaner and more friendly way.

@Echo Off
For /f "tokens=2,3 delims= " %%a in (sample.txt) Do (
If "%%a"=="ADMINS_CAS_SENS" Echo %%a %%b
If "%%a"=="OLD_PASSWORD" Echo %%a %%b
)

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,