Thread: How to change contents of window through JavaScript

How to change contents of window through JavaScript

I have done some basic things (scripting) in JavaScript. I am having some difficulty in changing the contents of window by using the JavaScript. So I thought to take your advice for this coding. In short, I want to know how to change contents of window through JavaScript? Also I want to know more about the Embed code movie. I know that this is different query, but since it is related to this subject, I thought to post in same thread instead of making another one. Hope that I am not breaking your (forums) rule. And I am expecting some help from your side soon as possible.

Re: How to change contents of window through JavaScript

Pointing to the window in the target window, we can turn the page in any of the frames that make up a frameset. Just a note:
    Code:
    getURL ("page.html", "FrameName");
    Wherever this frame is nestled in the frameset, however complex, Flash gets there. But that as long as there is only one frame of that name. Where there is more than one (something possible) Flash Incarter, and will choose one at its discretion. For this reason, it is better to always use the method that we will see now, that by going to allow us to achieve the right frame. Just like a movie clip in Flash has properties that refer to the timeline (this), that which contains it (_parent), and the main (_root), so the html page refers to itself (self), on page that contains (parent), the main page of the frameset (top). Using these references, change the content of pages:
    Code:
    _selfgetURL("javascript:self.location.href='pag.html'"); 
    _top; getURL("javascript:top.location.href='pag.html';void(0)"); 
    _parent; getURL("javascript:parent.location.href='pag.html';void(0)"); 
    mainFrame; getURL("javascript:parent.mainFrame.location.href='pag.html';void(0)");

Notation important except if you wish to change the page containing the movie, so that it becomes white to recall the instructions, you must add at the end of the void (0). Also, to get to that part of the same frame of the frameset page that contains the movie, we must go back to the parent frameset and get off the frame with the latter's name (mainFrame example). Although it seems a long and unnecessary code (to be able to see a movie just much less), it is necessary for compatibility and update the plugin.

Although it seems a long and unnecessary code (to be able to see a movie just much less), it is necessary for compatibility and update the plugin.
    The code structure is as follows:
    Code:
    <object> parameters object parameters <embed> embed </embed> </object>
    The tag <object> and its parameters are required for Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows, while the tag <embed> they are for Internet Explorer on Macintosh and Netscape Navigator on all platforms. The tags are nested inside each other, because the individual browser can only read tags that concern it and ignore the others: for this reason, the contents are essentially identical except for the shape that is slightly different.

I would like to suggest you to omit for reasons of space forever, in these pages, the value of four attributes classid, codebase, and type pluginspage, instead of which reads: [...]. The original value of the attributes is as follows (with appropriate variations between versions of Flash):
    Code:
    classid = "clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" 
    codebase = "http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab" 
    type = "application / x-shockwave-flash" 
    pluginspage = "http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi? 
    P1_Prod_Version ShockwaveFlash = ">
    Of course, in the examples, these values are correct.

Till now, you must have known that we have two fundamental attributes of the Object, the classid and codebase: The ClassID identifies the ActiveX control used by the browser to read the movie (identifying the object as a flash movie), while the codebase indicates where to download it if the version This is lower than required. So we have two attributes, width and height, which determine the width and height of the movie: the tag id. Between the tags <object> are nested statements of other parameters, which tested individually in a moment. The structure for the inclusion is always the same:
    Code:
    <param name= value= Parametervalue parameterName>
    For example, we can see on the movie parameter, which indicates the name and location of the movie to see, the quality parameter, which indicates the quality of rendering the movie, the bgcolor parameter, which indicates the background color of the movie.