Thread: Declaring interface in a Servlet

Declaring interface in a Servlet

Hello my friends , I am learning the Java programming language , I use the tool that use to develop the application . I had some sort of doubt regarding the servlets are concerned , I know that he interface can be used to implement multiple inheritance , but I was asking whether these servlets can implement the interface or not , please give me some idea on it. I will be very grateful.

Re: Declaring interface in a Servlet

You can make use of the public interface Servlet .This interface is usually used for developing servlets. A servlet is a body of Java programming that is taken into and runs within a servlet engine, such as a web server. It obtains and responds to requests from clients. For instance, a client might require information from a database; a servlet can be written that obtain the request, obtains and processes the data as required by the client, and then gives it to the client.

I too agree with this all servlets make use this interface. Servlet writers usually do this by subclassing either GenericServlet, that uses the Servlet interface, or by deriving GenericServlet's descendent, HttpServlet. Protgrammers require to openly implement this interface only if their servlets cannot (or select not to) derive from GenericServlet or HttpServlet. For instance, RMI or CORBA objects that serve as servlets will openly use this interface.

The Servlet interface describes functions to begin a servlet, to obtain and reply to client requests, and to destroy a servlet and its reserves. These are recognized as life-cycle functions, and are invoked by the network service in the following mode:
    • Servlet is formed then started.
    • Zero or more service invokes from clients are handled
    • Servlet is destroyed then the function of garbage collection takes place.